In Your Arms

Stiles felt the bed shift next to him as Derek got up. His bare feet making soft little taps across the floor as he walked into the en suite bathroom, the door shutting behind him and the water turning on.

The two weren't together, not technically. But he didn't know how else to classify their relationship. It's been hard since the nogitsune, sleeping especially. He took to Derek's bed most nights simply because it helped. He felt safe. His dad allowed it, wanting his son to get sleep that didn't have him waking up screaming every night.

He heard the shower shut off and the glass door slide open. Derek's alarm had woken him up. He didn't mind, he'd be up soon anyways for school. A few minutes passed, the sink turning on and off and a few things banging around before the light switched off and Derek opened the door. He grabbed his keys and his wallet off his dresser and made his way back to the bed. The light from his phone practically lit the room, his blackout curtains forcing in the dark. Soon it locked and Stiles thought he'd be off.

Instead Derek walked around to the other side of the bed and quietly told Stiles to move over a bit and climbed into the bed again.

"What're you doing?" Stiles whispered, he wasn't sure why, it was just the two of them.

Derek wrapped his arm around him, pulling him close. "I have a few minutes to cuddle."

Smiling, Stiles rested his head on Derek's chest, hand coming to grip his shirt tightly. He felt safe and warm and happy.

Derek turned a little squeezing the younger in a hug pressing a kiss to his forehead, it'd been nearly ten minutes and Stiles was starting to feel sleepy again. Derek climbed out of bed, pulling the covers back up over the younger male and smiled softly to himself. He took a second to make sure he had everything once more before kissing him softly and saying goodbye.

Stiles woke up later that day seeing it was just after 12:30. He rubbed his eyes and checked the message on his phone.

From: Bear
You seemed really tired so I shut off your alarm. Your dad knows, he was fine with it. Get some rest..we can go out for dinner when I get back :)

Stiles smiled at the message, he wanted to call Derek his boyfriend but he didn't want to push Derek away by asking about it.

To: Bear
Thanks babe. Miss you :)

He bit his lip waiting for Derek to answer. He hasn't called him that before. But maybe it'd show the other that he wants more.

From: Bear
Babe? You've never called me that before

To: Bear
Sorry it was probably weird...I won't do it again

He sighed loudly flopping backward into the bed, his hands coming to rub against his face.

From: Bear
I didn't say I didn't like it. My breaks over though, I'll see you when I get home, babe. ;)

Stiles smiled, feeling his face heat up. He sent back a quick smiley face and got into the shower.

Hi guys I've been trying for weeks to figure out how to continue this but I just can't so if you have any ideas for it I'll do a part two. I figured I'd post it tho anyways. I'll post soon! Thanks for sticking around!!