But you...? God, I Love You

AgniLove22 here is your request! I'm sorry it took so long but I hope you like it. I also wasn't super sure if I came up with a good idea so let me know. 

If anyone else asked me for a request message me again because I might have forgotten (sorry) or just message me if you want to submit a request :)

He never planned to tell Stiles like this. He wasn't sure how he was going to tell him but this was definitely not one of the thoughts that went through his mind when he tries to plan a time to bring it up. He expected to have a conversation with him that was quiet. Probably quite awkward. He figured he'd have some sort of anxiety attack. Then Stiles would respond and everything would either go great or he'd pretend it never happened. He didn't expect his voice to be laced with anger. He didn't expect for it to just come out. It's not what he wanted to happen.

The pack was all together like they tended to do on the weekends. Those that came back from college would see the pack for one night and see their parents the next and then head back to campus. Scott and Stiles both stayed in the general area of Beacon Hills getting an apartment together and heading to college nearby. Derek had been there a few times. It was a small place but they didn't seem to need much.

He watched as the two of them walked into the Hale house together. Stiles clearly was annoyed with the other and walked off toward where Derek was sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey." The younger said quietly, dropping his head onto the table.

"Hi." The wolf answered quietly, playing with the page of the book in front of him. "You okay?"

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, not important." He reached over grabbing the book, "What're you reading?"

Derek would never admit that Stiles being interested in anything he did actually gave him butterflies. But it totally did. He rubbed the back of his neck and vaguely explained the book to the other.

Stiles smiled, "It sounds good. Can I borrow it when you're done?"

"I-I've actually already read it. You can just take it."

"You don't wanna finish it?"

Derek shrugged, "I know what happens. Take it."

"Okay, thanks, Der." Stiles smiled, holding it to his chest. "I'll bring it back soon."

"If you like it, keep it."

Stiles shook his head, "No. It's yours. Besides, you're stuck with me so I can just steal it back again."

Derek smiled, dropping his head, "Okay." He felt his ears heat up like they do when he blushes, he pushed away from the table trying to act like it wasn't all over his face how happy that sentence just made him.

The rest of the night is a blur to Derek. He doesn't even remember how the conversation started between the pack all he knows is Stiles said "you can't love someone else unless you love yourself first." And he got so angry. A harsh laugh pushed its way out and he just left the living room to sit out on the back deck. He didn't care why this conversation started he just hated how oblivious Stiles actually was.

It only took a few minutes before Derek heard the back door open and Stiles was standing in front of him.

"What?" Stiles asked, arms crossed in front of him. "What's your problem now?"

Derek rolled his eyes, leaning back into the chair he was sitting in, "I'm fine. I don't have a problem."

Stiles groaned, "Derek, I'm not stupid. You know that. You might be able to convince the rest of the pack you're fine but I know when something is wrong or you're mad or whatever."

"I just think what you said is a load of shit."

"It's not." Stiles scoffed, "How the hell can you love someone when you don't love yourself. It's impossible."

"No, it's not."

"Like you would know. You haven't loved anyone since Paige."

Derek clenched his jaw, getting up, walking down the steps of the deck toward the tree line.

"No, you don't get to just walk away." Stiles yelled, walking after him.

"What do you want?" Derek snapped, pulling his arm away from Stiles.

Stiles glared up at him, "I want to know why you're so mad about this."

Derek rubbed his hands over his face, "Because I have never loved myself. But you..? God...I love you so much I forget what hating myself feels like."

Stiles just stared at the other, not sure what to say back.

"You just really don't fucking get it." He sighed, "I-I've hated myself since Paige. You get that right? But I loved her and I know what that felt like. I remember. You make me feel way more things than I ever felt for Paige so if that's not love than, fuck Stiles, I don't know what is."

"You love me?" Stiles nearly whispered.

"Don't act surprised." His voice went quiet, "I didn't plan on telling you...not like that..."

"I am surprised, Der." Stiles mumbled, "I really didn't...you love me?"

"Don't make me say it again."

Stiles smiled, "But I want you to."

"Why?" Derek felt his stomach twisting, the anxiety racing through his body and his head getting hot, "Don't make me feel worse, Stiles."

"I want you to tell me. Every day." Stiles grabbed Derek's hand, "I want to tell you every day too."

Derek tried pulling away, "Stiles, stop."

"Derek."

"What?"

"I'm literally trying to tell you that I love you, too."

"That's not funny."

Stiles sighed, "I'm serious. I love you."

"Promise you're not kidding." Derek's voice was so quiet, he barely could hear himself.

Stiles frowned, "Why don't you believe me?"

"Why would you love me back?"

"You're serious aren't you?" Stiles started, "You really don't love yourself."

"There's nothing to love, Stiles."

Stiles shook his head, "Derek, you're amazing in so many ways. There is so much to love about you. I'm going to make you see that eventually."

Derek just frowned, looking at the other. No idea what to say. Stiles moved closer, putting his hands on the back of the wolf's neck, Derek's eyes roamed his face for a moment before wrapping his hands around the younger's waist.

"I love you, Derek."

"I love you." He whispered back, Stiles rubbed their noses together.

"Are you gonna kiss me or do I have to do it?"

Derek smiled a little, pressing his lips againstthe others. Every worry filled feeling he had inside of him disappeared asStiles deepened the kiss and once again he forgot what hating himself feltlike.