Exhaustion

The pack watched as Derek would pace around his place unsure of what to do next. He'd been spending the last few days (and nights) trying to find a way to stop the newest big bad that's found its way into Beacon Hills. Scott had told him to get some rest almost daily, Isaac even tried tricking him into taking a small dose of some type of wolfsbane (given to him by Deaton) to make him fall asleep, Derek was so tired that his senses were out of whack and almost hadn't smelled the wolfsbane as he lifted the cup of tea toward his mouth. He proceeded to yell at the beta and dump it down the drain muttering that he's fine. That the pack needs to stop worrying so much.

Stiles had been acting up too, they weren't sure if his nightmares were back and that was causing his lack of sleep or if he was trying to help Derek research and get his assignments for college done on time forcing him to be up all hours of the night. They'd watched the pale twenty-two year old stumble around the house Derek had bought after most of the pack had graduated. They'd tried getting the two of them to sit down and watch a movie. To relax a little. Hopefully fall asleep on the couch curled up together ("No, I don't like Derek, Scott. Stop asking.").

It had started to reach a point where they were both falling asleep at the worst of times. Stiles had been sitting in a lecture and couldn't even remember showing up, he'd hand in his assignments on time, but it was to the wrong professor, he would have to ask someone to repeat themselves (several times) before he finally caught onto what they were saying. Derek would fall asleep at the wheel ("get the fuck out of the car, Derek, I'm driving." "Cora, I'm fine." "WE ALMOST JUST CRASHED YOU SHITHEAD!"), he'd burnt dinner and resorted to take-out more times than Cora is willing to admit out loud, and he had started to fall asleep while propped up against the counter during a pack meeting resulting in him falling on the floor with several disapproving glares from the pack ("Seriously, I'm fine.).

The pack new they needed to do something about this. It wasn't like these two to push themselves this hard for something that's not worth the pain. The stupid supernatural whatever the fuck it is definitely wasn't as much of a threat as they were making it out to seem. It's definitely not worth Stiles messing up in college over. The pack wasn't quite sure but they had a feeling that something else was going on and they wanted to find out what.

Derek was sitting on the couch reading a book from Deaton when Cora came up to him. "Why don't you take a break? I can read some for you."

"Cora, I'm fine. I promise."

Cora sighed sitting next to him, "I don't know why you insist on this but you seriously need to cut the crap, Der."

Derek sighed, "I'm not doing anything, I just can't sleep."

"Have you even tried?" Cora shot an accusing look.

"Yeah, actually. I get maybe five minutes before I wake up and can't fall asleep." Derek set the book down. "It doesn't matter, I have stuff to do, I'll be fine."

"Why won't you take anything from Deaton to help?"

"Because I don't like using that stuff. Mom used to make me use it, it made me feel worse."

Cora scrunched her eyebrows together, "What do mean? This has been going on that long?"

"Not to this extent...look Cora, I swear I'm okay. It'll pass."

Cora gave an angered look and sat back into the couch more, "We just want to help you. It's not healthy."

Scott planned this, well Lydia came up with the idea but Scott said that since he was closest to Stiles and Cora was closest to Derek they should be the ones to talk to them. He pushed open Stiles' bedroom door seeing the boy typing away at his computer, energy drinks sitting in front of him on his desk.