Cocoa, Cookies, and Cuddles

Before you read this I need you to know I wrote 'Stilies' several times. It is not a typo its how Stiles name is being pronounced, you'll understand while reading. 

Also, Happy Holidays everyone! 

The little boy danced around the room singing Christmas carols. Every now and then he'd begin to chant 'daddy, daddy, daddy' over and over and ask when they were leaving. "In a bit," Derek would answer, sipping his coffee, leaning against the counter.

"Daddy!"

"Maverick!" Derek raised his voice. "Settle down."

Maverick stuck his bottom lip out as he pouted up at his father, "Can you make me some hot chocolate?"

Derek couldn't stop the smile that was pulling at his lips as he ruffled his son's hair, "Yes, I'll make you hot chocolate."

The small boy let out a squeak and ran off. Derek pulling out the box of hot chocolate packets, and grabbing the milk from the fridge. He watched his son run back in the room with three coloring books and a box of crayons wrapped in his arms. "Daddy?" He called dropping everything on the floor and sitting down, flipping one of the books open.

"What Mav?"

"When's Mr. Stilies gonna be here?"

Derek finished stirring the hot chocolate, "He's on his way now."

The little boy made grabby hands toward the cup, Derek blowing on it and checking to see if it's cooled down enough before handing it to the boy. It wasn't long before the front door opened and Derek heard Stiles walking into the kitchen, dropping his keys onto the counter.

"It's cold as...outside." Derek rolled his eyes at Stiles, pulling the younger into a hug and kissing him. Maverick let out a loud 'ew' and sipped loudly on his hot chocolate. Stiles laughed, "Are we going now?"

Derek looked toward his son, "Yeah, he might explode if we don't."

Stiles laughed, "Okay."

Maverick went to grab his cup knocking it over by accident, jumping up to grab napkins almost as if maybe he was fast enough, his dad wouldn't see. Derek grabbed the paper towels from the counter handing them toward his son, the boy looking defeated grabbed the paper towels and cleaned up his mess sloppily.

"I'll finish cleaning up, go get dressed." Stiles smiled kissing Derek, picking Maverick up and squeezing him in his arms. Maverick squealed with laughter, Derek smiled as he pulled the boy from Stiles' arms.

"Thank you." Derek said softly, Stiles smiled nodding his head toward the other room.

--

The entire car ride Maverick sat in his seat singing along to the Christmas songs, loudly. Stiles would join in every now and then. Derek sat there scowling toward his boyfriend trying to hide the warmth that filled his heart at the two loves of his life.

"C'mon kiddo." Derek pulled his son from the car. Maverick screamed running toward the rows of trees. Stiles intertwined his hand with Derek's, following after the boy. "Daddy!"

"What?" Derek chuckled.

"This one!" the boy was staring up at a tree, awe glazed over his face. "I want this one!"

Derek smiled, he was taller than the tree his son had picked, Stiles coming to almost meet the top of it. "You want this one?"

Maverick nodded, "It's perfect."