Thankful for 2 A.M.

If you're still up at 2 a.m. you're either in love or lonely. But which one's worse?

Stiles Stilinksi, the 17 year old, sarcastic and extremely fragile boy caught up in the realm of the supernatural, has fallen for an Alpha. A werewolf would be bad enough, but no, he had to fall for the alpha.

Derek Hale, the 24 year old alpha leading a pack of teenagers, full of anger issues, and personal conflicts, fell for the human boy who'd never like him back.

Or at least he thought.

It's 2 a.m. and Derek can't sleep. His mind is being consumed by Stiles Stilinski. If I wasn't for Scott getting bit he would've never grown so close to the boy and he'd actually be getting a good nights sleep.

Stiles. Stiles this. Stiles that. Stiles.

To Derek, everything is about Stiles.

If Stiles is hurt, so is Derek. If Stiles is sad, so is Derek. But, Derek won't even admit his feeling to himself. "He's only 17" he would tell himself. "He's just a kid" or "I only think that was cute because he's practically a 5 year old." What he doesn't know is that if he'd just accept his feelings and make a move, Stiles would be his.

Stiles was sitting up in his room cursing Derek in his mind. "I have school tomorrow asshole. Get out of my head." He'd repeat over and over as if it would work. He grabs his phone and starts to text the moody wolf.

To: DerBear
I miss you like crazy, Der. Come over, please?

But instead of sending his message he sighs and deletes the entire thing. He drops his phone listening to it hit the wooden floor beneath him sliding who knows where until it comes to a complete stop.

Stiles pulled himself off of his bed and grabbed his guitar sitting on the floor. He wasn't worried about waking his dad up because his dad wasn't home, not something unusual.

He started strumming and singing to one of his favorite songs.

What he didn't know is that Derek was sitting outside his window on the roof listening to Stiles belt out the lyrics. He smiled to himself, he loved hearing Stiles sing.

The first time he heard Stiles singing was in the car. They were on their way to find Scott and the radio was playing softly in the background. In that moment Derek decided he's never heard something sound as perfect.

He finally turned to look through the window tapping his knuckle on the window sill.

Stiles stopped playing immediately and snapped his head toward the window. As soon as he saw Derek he smiled.

"Hey, Sourwolf." he said quietly.

"Hey, Stiles." He replied. Stiles leaned his guitar against his bed and walked toward the window.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles asked.

"I missed you..." He whispered looking away from the teenager.

"Really?" Stiles blushed.

Derek nodded "You should be asleep It's 2 a.m." Derek stated.

"Well, then get in here and help me fall asleep." Stiles smiled. Derek returned the smile before leaning in and kissing the other. It was short but sweet and full of love.

"I think I can do that." He said.

Stiles and Derek fell asleep in eachothers arms almost immediately, both thankful for 2a.m.

Sterek fluff because I got off work early.