I'm Infatuated With You

This was a request I got from @narry-ontop

Stiles was always a little strange growing up. He did things that most boys his age wouldn't do. He liked to draw and read. He liked playing with dolls. He even would play dress up with Lydia when they were younger. So when he agreed to join the Lacrosse team with Scott the other boy was quite confused. He knew his best friend wasn't big on sports but 'we're in high school now Stiles! Try something new!!" and Stiles just smiled and let out a huffed 'okay'.

Two years finally passed though and believe it or not Stiles was great at Lacrosse. He had even been made co-captain with Scott who frankly got his skills from the whole "werewolf situation". (But that was a secret that nobody could know).

The only thing that really concerned Scott was when Stiles became closed-off. Secretive. He told Scott everything and Scott did the same but this year, this was different. Stiles told coach behind Scotts back that he didn't want to be captain and although their coach was confused he gave in and moved Jackson up instead. Stiles also started to cancel plans with his friends, choosing to stay inside and watch movies or read by himself. And see, this wouldn't have been weird in the past, however, it's not Stiles' 'normal' anymore. Since lacrosse Stiles would hang out with the team, go to parties, and flirt with girls. He was digressing.

Stiles walked into the lunch room and sat next to Scott and little brown bag in his hand and a red notebook curled tight into his chest. "What's that?" Scott asked.

"My lunch?" Stiles said setting the bag on the table knowing damn well that's not what Scott was referring to. Scott returned his comment with raised brows making the other sigh. "It's just...a book...I write in...sometimes..."

"Write what in?"

"Things..."

"Oh, a diary?" Scott smirked making Stiles grimace at the word 'diary'.

"It's not a diary." He huffed.

Scott laughed, "Okay, whatever, why'd you bring it?"

Stiles looked around to see if the other pack members had gotten their lunches yet. "Derek's been snooping."

"What?"

"He kinda just likes to show up randomly and if I'm not there he waits." Stiles said shoving the book into his backpack. "I'm assuming he gets bored or something so he'll snoop through my stuff."

"That's not okay."

Stiles shrugged. "It's not a big deal. This is the only thing I'd rather him-or anyone- not look at."

"If you say so." Scott sighed.

--

"I'm quitting lacrosse."

"What!?" Scott yelled. "No, Stiles you can't! This is our thing!"

Stiles shook his head, "No, it's your thing Scotty."

"What do you mean? You're great at lacrosse."

"I hate lacrosse Scott." Stiles plopped onto the bench in the locker room. "I joined because you were so excited when you asked me to do it with you."

Scott pouted, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Stiles shrugged. "Are you going to Derek's tonight?"

"Yeah, probably." Scott sighed. "Everything's gonna be different now..."

"What? No it's not? I'm still your best friend. I'll just be watching from the sidelines instead this year."

Scott nodded, "Okay. But next time tell me. Sooner. Not like two years later?"