I Want A Love Letter

Derek POV
I was waiting for everyone to arrive so I could start this damn meeting but once again, Stiles was late.

When he finally walked in he was holding a piece of paper. He looked like he wanted to cry but he also looked content.

"Whats that?" Scott asked him as the other sat next to him.

"I uh found it in the attic. My mom and dad used to write letters to each other." He looked down. "This was the last one my dad wrote before she had me." He said looking at the folded note in his hand.

"Well, read it!" Lydia said getting Isaac, Scott, and Kira to agree. The rest of the pack wasn't listening much.

"O-okay," Stiles stumbled over his words looking at me. "I-if that's okay..I mean..I know the meet-" I cut him off

"Stiles, it's fine. Read it." I said seeing him relax more.

'To my gorgeous wife,

I love you, I want you to know that you have my heart and you can do whatever you want with it. You can have it forever or you can toss it aside whenever you choose.

I can promise you that I will always always love you and that I will never slip or stumble when it comes to that. My mind, heart, body, and soul is completely devoted to you and your happiness.

I do love you Claudia. And I do love our child. Forever and ever.

Love,
Your silly husband'

Stiles stared at the note for a few seconds after he was finished reading.

"Awh, I want a love letter." Lydia whined.

"Yeah me too. Its kinda shitty that nobody writes them anymore." Stiles added. The girls agreed with him. "Sorry Der, you can continue now." He said. I kept my gaze locked on Stiles a little too long and I noticed Scott smirking.

"Its uh..it's fine." I said.

I needed a way to show him I care, he helped me find one.

Stiles POV

Today was TERRIBLE. I had a test in all of my classes-I'm pretty sure the teachers plan this on purpose to make us all cry ourselves to sleep-and coach made us do suicides at practice because Scott had to be a show off and the rest of us "weren't working hard enough", my Jeep broke down on my way home from school, and as soon as I get home I get a call from my dad saying he won't be home till tomorrow and I'll have to get a job to fix my Jeep. I mean, I get fixing my Jeep myself, but normally my dad just makes me do extra chores and stuff to pay it off and I'm okay with that.

I sighed walking into my room, dropping my stuff on the floor, and walking into the bathroom. As soon as I pass through the door frame I realize there is a note on my bed. I walk back out picking it up and sitting on my bed.

Stiles,

I'm going to start off by saying that this is going to be shitty. I can't write, I've never been able to write, and I don't want to write. Its easier than actually saying this all to your face though and you mentioned how people never actually write love letters anymore. And you're right, it sucks. It makes no sense. Its almost inhumane to think that almost all romance is dead. That's part of why I'm writing this. I know you, I know what you like, I know what you hate, I know how you think and talk and laugh. I love every little bit of it. I love how your nose crinkles when you don't like something whether it's a smell or just how something was said could be so obscenely stupid you could question how they managed to live their life thus far. Did I use that right? 'Thus far' I don't know. That's off topic.

I know I don't see you as often as I like, I know I don't always act like I appreciate you(I do, I really really do). And deep in my heart, I truly know, you're the one that I love.

And I can only hope you feel the same.

I love you,  Stiles.

-Derek

I smiled at the note holding it close as I pulled out my phone. Scrolling through my contacts I found Derek's number and hit send.

My anticipation grew with each ring and I finally heard a groggy "hello?" Through the phone.
"Wake your werewolf ass up and get over here." I said.
"Stiles? Is everything okay?" He asked yawning.
"Just get over here sourwolf. I love you too." I blurted out. He was silent for a minute or so.
"Wait, really?" He questioned.
"Get over here!" I yelled.
"Okay, okay! I'm coming." He said.
"Hurry" I smiled. "I love you, Stiles." He said. I felt my cheeks burning and the smile on my face grow.
"I love you too, Derek."