My Valentine

This is Part 2 of a collaboration with SepticGirliplier !! Make sure you go read part one over on her page!!

I woke up cuddled with the bear Derek got me, my clock by my bed flicking to 9:02 AM.

"Der?" I mumbled with a yawn.

I groaned grabbing my phone.

From: Lyds
Happy Valentines Day! Get up! Get dressed! We're having breakfast!! I'm on my way!!

I sent a quick message back before getting up, noticing a note and a rose sitting on Derek's pillow.

'Happy. Valentine's Day, My Love."

Lydia and I had gotten really close recently and regularly went to this little cafe in town just to chat and eat chocolate croissants. It was about 11AM when we finished up and she took me home. I still hadn't heard anything from Derek though and I was kind of bummed. I knew he was planning something though because he's a big ole cheese ball.

As I got out of Lydia's car I saw Isaac shoving roses into the passenger side of my Jeep.

"Isaac?" I called, he looked up, slammed the door, and ran off. "Dude!"

I rolled my eyes seeing at least ten dozen roses shoved into my car. It took a few minutes to pull them all out and bring them inside.

"Hey, Daddio." I answered my phone, fitting the last of the roses into a vase.

"Hey bud, you coming in today for lunch?"

"Yep. Be leaving in a few."

"Alright, I'll see you when you get here. Love you."

"Love you too, Dad."

Lunch with Dad was always the same. He continuously says he can't discuss cases with me, I complain about school, he groans because I made him a healthy lunch. It's nice in a weird way. It was close to 1:30pm when I finally started packing everything up and leaving my dad to do his job. Parrish stopped me on the way out.

"Stiles!"

"Yes?" I spun on my heals.

"Here." He stretched out a note card and a rose toward me, walking away as I grabbed it.

'Eating here is a treat, make sure you go to our favorite seat'

I smiled at the card and walked to the Jeep. It was pretty clear that he wanted me to go to our favorite restaurant. We go to the same table every time we go in and everyone knows us there.

I walked inside being greeted by the host, she just smiled at me as I made my way to our table. On top was a rose and a card.

'I'm glad you remember our first date, now where did I tell you you're my mate?'

I felt my heart pounding in my chest as I grabbed the rose and the card and headed out again. He told me at the Hale house. I was standing in the front yard, balling my eyes out. I thought he was going to leave me because he'd been acting strange. Turns out I was way wrong and he just didn't know how to tell me.

Taped to the front door was the next clue, another rose placed on the porch below.

'Hurry up, you can't be late. Two miles right, remember the town?"

I ran the entire way to the cliff in the preserve. We came here for a picnic the day Derek told me he loves me. You can see the entirety of the town from this spot. It's one of our favorites.

Another rose, another clue.

'You're almost there, one more clue. Go to where the pack meets too.'

Pack meetings are always at the loft. I don't know where else I could go. I made my way there seeing Derek's car parked in front. I ran up the stairs and pulled open the door. Derek was standing in the middle of the room, holding another dozen roses. There were candles all around, lights hanging all over the loft, and sitting next to Derek was a small all black German Shepard puppy.

"Derek." I whispered, walking toward him.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I tried to gold back my tears. "You got me a puppy!?"

Derek nodded, "I did."

I bent down to pet the puppy noticing the collar, I moved it closer to read what it said.

It has roses on it along with mine and Derek's initials and the question "Will you marry my dad?" Written in between.

When I turned to look at him, Derek was bending down on one knee holding a ring out in front of him. "Will you?"

"Yes!" I wrapped my arms around him and started crying, "oh my god yes, I love you."

"I love you too, babe." He whispered, "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day, Bear."

"What're you going to name him?"

I looked at the puppy again, "Aster."

"I think that's a great name."

"I think you're great." I kissed his cheek sloppily.

"You're gross." he rolled his eyes, chuckling.

Best Valentines Day ever!