Eyes Like A Car Crash

beep...beep...beep...beep

God that's annoying. What the hell is that? It's not my alarm, my alarm is louder.

I moved my arm to rub my eyes. "ow" I groan to myself. "Stiles?" I heard. I opened my eyes seeing Derek, my dad, and Scott. "Stiles, you feeling okay?" Derek spoke again.

I looked around seeing I was laying in a hospital bed "What happened dad?" I asked looking toward my dad. I don't even know why the two wolves are here. Derek hates me and Scott doesn't really talk to me anymore. We drifted after Allison's death and when he met Kira all ties were pretty much destroyed.

"You were in an accident" he said as if it were obvious. I'm guessing the pain killers-which they obviously gave me, my arm is in a cast-were definitely taking effect. I felt like a kite. "can I go home?" I asked tiredly. "Not yet kiddo." he replied. "am I dying?" I looked at Derek, he won't lie to me. "no, you're not dying Stiles." Derek answered. "Then why can't I go home?" I was whining. I'm allowed to, I was just in an accident. 

"You can go home tomorrow morning." I looked up to see Melissa, Scott's mom, walking in with what I'm assuming is my chart. "Can someone at least get me real food for dinner?" I asked. "I think that can be arranged." my dad said. "m'kay. I'm going back to sleep." I tried laying back down in a more comfortable position. I felt pain shoot throughout my body "Ow" I cried feeling a hand attach to mine. I opened my eyes to see Derek draining some of the pain. "Thanks Sourwolf" I mumbled and I don't know if it's the pain killers or I'm losing my mind, but he smiled. I swear to god. He smiled.

I was finally allowed to go home and holy hell I was in pain. I found out my Jeep was totaled and I should've had several broken bones or even not even left the hospital at all. But, I came out of it with a broken arm, a couple broken ribs, a concussion, and a lot of bruising. Everywhere.

I woke up around 1pm after falling back asleep after coming home. When I woke up I went to grab my phone seeing a note next to it.

Hey kiddo,

I had to run into the station. I'm sorry. I'll be home as soon as I can. Get some rest, I love you.

Dad

I sighed pushing myself up. My body felt as if it was being stabbed and squeezed and set on fire all at the same time. My head was pounding and oh! New discovery! Walking is a big fucking no.

I managed to make it downstairs stopping on almost every step. I needed the kitchen. That's where the food is, that's where my pain killers are.

"You shouldn't be up." I heard behind me. "I'm hungry." I said looking at Derek. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Your dad asked Scott to come over while he was at work." The alpha explained. "You're not Scott." he helped me sit down. "Scott was 'busy' and asked me to come." I laughed "why am I not surprised." I mumbled more to myself than Derek.

I felt Derek staring at me as I ate. He made me grilled cheese, who knew he could be nice?

"Eyes like a car crash." I said. "what?" he asked. "You know you shouldn't look but you can't turn away." I didn't look at him. "Staring at me isn't going to make anything better Derek." I said. He sighed "I just feel bad." he said. "You didn't hit me with your car you have no reason to feel bad." I said. "it's not going to change anything." He said. "Stop oozing pity all over me." I tried to stand up almost falling but feeling a firm arm wrap around me. "I'm not oozing pity on you. I just don't like knowing you're in pain." He said draining some of my pain. I leaned into him accepting it "oh praise the lord" I mumbled into his chest hearing him laugh. 

Derek basically carried me up the stairs helping me back in bed. "Why'd you come?" I asked yawning. "You needed someone." He replied from my computer chair. "you never seemed to care before." I said. "I have an image to uphold." he joked making me smile "yeah, cause you care about other people's opinions." I said feeling sleep trying to pull me down. "I care about your opinion." he said. "yeah, okay. You're always threatening me. That doesn't add up dude." my eyes lull shut. "I'm allowed to threaten you. Nobody else is though. It's okay when I do it." he said. I smirked "got a little crush on me Der?" I smiled trying to roll over. "You could call it that." he said. I didn't reply. I was tired and needed sleep. I did however reach my hand out toward Derek. He grabbed it pulling the pain from me. "no" I managed patting the bed. He seemed to get the hit laying next to me. I moved to lay on his chest. 

Right before I fell asleep I mumbled. "I like you too Derek."

I woke up in the alpha's arms "you're still here?" I asked flinching at the pain. Even yawning hurts. He pushed his hand against my back. "stop doing that" I said gratefully. "Of coarse I'm still here and no. You're in pain." He replied "It puts you in pain Der" I answered moving my arm to rest on a different spot on his torso. "I'll live. As long as you feel a little better, I'm fine." He said. "What would you do if I told you I love you?" I asked. "What would you do if I asked if you meant it?" He replied. "If I could move without wanting to cry, I'd show you." I said intertwining our hands together resting on his side. "Then I'd tell you I love you too." he whispered. "please don't leave, please." I asked. I probably sounded pathetic. "I'm not going anywhere darling." He pressed his lips against my forehead. I sighed contently. I haven't been awake that long and I'm already tired. Derek could obviously tell. He was rubbing my back pressing kisses to my head repeatedly.

Eyes like a car crash. You know you shouldn't look but you can't turn away.

I heard this saying once before and it just stuck with me. I don't know. Then I thought of this so, TADA. There it is.