Pack Bonding

"Okay, so," Stiles started throwing his duffel bag on the floor near the front door. "I meal prepped for you for the weekend. You just gotta throw it in the microwave. I even got some snacks and lunches ready for you for work." He crosses his arms, pride jumping from him.

The Sheriff rolled his eyes, "I'm a grown man I know how to take care of myself, kid."

"Yet, you don't..." he shot back, the words floating quietly through the room. "I should probably go before they kill me for being late."

His dad nodded pulling him into a hug, "be safe. I love you."

"You too." Worry laced the boys words, "I love you, Dad." He said grabbing his bag and the keys to his Jeep, bounding out the door.

•••

"You're late."

"By like five minutes, Der, relax."

Derek grumbled at the name, "Don't call me that."

The younger rolled his eyes and found a spot in the living room. Derek finally found a nice enough place for sale that fit the pack comfortably for weekends like this. Bonding weekends.

Scott and Jackson were sitting in front of the TV playing some video game, Allison, Lydia, and Erica were all talking about random things that Stiles couldn't be bothered to listen into and Isaac was sleeping on the couch.

"Hey, Sourwolf!?"

Stiles immediately heard a growl, "What."

"What's for dinner?"

"Pizza!" Scott yelled, moving his body with the controller as if it'd help him.

Isaac yawned sitting up, he smiled when he saw Stiles next to him and moved closer to cuddle the other. Stiles could've swore he heard a growl come from nearby but he thinks it's nothing.

Derek POV

I waited impatiently for Stiles to get here. I know this wasn't important but I like having him here. I like how his scent fills the house and he seems to just lighten up the mood wherever he goes. But he can't know that.

"You're late." I said when he finally got here. My wolf whines but the words were harsh.

"By like five minutes, Der, relax."

He smelled like he just showered and I hated it. I hated it because he washed off my scent. But it's not like he's here all the time, I can't expect my scent to stick to him for long.

•••

After we ate the pack decided they wanted to play Monopoly.

"I wanna be the dog!" Stiles shouted running toward the table where Allison was setting the game up. I sat next to him, my arm finding it's way across the chair behind him. "What're you gonna be, Der?" He asked, hickory eyes glistening up at me.

"You pick."

"Okay, the car." He said grabbing the small car placing it next to his dog on start. "Cause you're obsessed with your car."

I rolled my eyes, moving my arm off the chair, making sure I rubbed my hand across his shoulders as I did it. Making him smell like mine again.

•••

"That'll be two-thousand please and thank you." Stiles said triumphantly as Erica landed on Boardwalk.

"You suck." The blonde shot back, fake money being handed over.

"Only when asked politely." He smirked, glancing over at me.

"Dude." Scott groaned, the pack chuckling around us. Stiles shrugged rearranging his earnings.