It's Not That I Don't Love You

There's an author's note at the end about me not posting if you wanna read it.

Derek was doing everything in his power to show Stiles just how much he cared about the boy. He'd spent countless nights lying awake on the phone with the boy just to calm him from a nightmare, he'd bought him anything he needed or wanted whenever he was asked (not that he thought he could buy his love), he went out of his way to make sure Stiles' favorite things were always at the Hale house. He had fallen fast and hard for the boy and despite his constant denial he knew he loved the younger male and there was nothing he could do about it.

Over the years Stiles became more closed off. He was forced to go through hell over and over and the entire pack knew he was having a tough time dealing with anything since the nogitsune. They didn't know that most of his issues started far before the supernatural started eating away at him. It was when he was nine and he watched as his mother went through her illness and screamed at Stiles as if the little boy wanted to kill him. It was a few years later when he watched his best friend's life fall apart because his dickhead father turned on their family. It was when he was sixteen and spent countless nights in the hospital making sure Lydia was okay. It was watching Cora get so worked up she threw up because her boyfriend cheated on her. It was when he had a substitute in his favorite class for half the year because his teacher was going through a bad depression. It was the first and second and third rejections he'd gotten, his struggle to except who he is and finding a way to at least somewhat like who he is, there were so so many things that forced Stiles to feel the way he does in this moment and it's nothing he can control. It's something he struggles with and Derek just doesn't understand.

"I...uh, I just wanted to know if maybe you would...will you be my boyfriend?" Derek asked.

Stiles hadn't even hesitated before his answer came out in a whisper, "no,"

"W-What? Why?" Derek choked down his feelings, "We...I thought...I thought we were kinda a, uh, a thing?"

Stiles felt the tears in his eyes and just shook his head. He forced himself to walk away from the wolf and head home.

Derek spent the next couple days in bed. When Cora or Isaac or anyone asked what was wrong he would just grunt and pull the covers over his head. After that he started over exercising which in return made the pack over exercise. Boyd talked some sense into him and he started to go back to his normal training but he wasn't okay. The pack knew it. He refused to even look at Stiles when the boy was in the room and if Stiles tried to talk to him he'd just walk away. Derek wasn't okay and Stiles didn't realize how much he hurt the wolf by just saying no.

"He's trying to kill me!" She screeched.

"No, honey, that's our son. That's Stiles, that's Mieczyslaw."

Stiles shook his head as he sat in bed. He was trying to convince himself rejecting Derek was the best thing he could do for either of them. He kept telling himself it wasn't a lie, being together just wouldn't end well for anyone and he didn't want to hurt Derek more than he already did.

The door slammed shut and Stiles felt his entire being jump as the house shook. He watched as Scott burst into tears in front of him and the only thing he knew to do to help was hold his best friend.

"It was the right thing to do, Stiles," he told himself feeling his tears fill up over his eyelids and drop toward his sheets.

"Lydia! What are you doing!?" His eyes traced the room, the empty prescription pill bottles on the bathroom floor, the blood. "Lydia, no, no, no," He repeated and he pulled out his phone. His thumb was shaking as he pressed down on the screen 9-1-1. WhatIsYourEmergency? He held the phone between his ear and shoulder tipping Lydia forward and jamming his fingers down her throat. "Please god, not her too."