Take a Chance

Stiles walked around the loft as the rest of the pack was watching tv.

"Stiles what are you doing?" Scott laughed.

Stiles pouted at his friend "I can't find my phone." he said sadly. Derek chuckled picking it up off the couch and showing it to Stiles.

"How'd it get there?" Stiles questioned walking over to the grumpy alpha.

"You want some advice? Don't ask for a kiss, take one. Take a chance, you'll never know unless you try."

That line from the show was stuck in Derek's head for weeks after he had heard it. It was true, he needed to make a move if he ever wanted Stiles to be with him. But he was to arrogant to just tell him.

Slap on the butt; that's mine.

Derek's first attempt at getting the scrawny teens attention.

The pack was at the park walking around, playing tag, and just joking around together.

Stiles was walking down the bike path watching the betas running around after each other when Derek came up behind him slapping his ass. Stiles jumped watching Derek run off toward the rest of the pack.

Stiles chuckled shaking his head sitting down by a tree.

Looking into each others eyes; I just plain like you.

Derek's next move was accidental. He walked into the loft seeing Stiles whip his head toward the door. They made eye contact and just stood there staring for what seemed like forever.

Stiles blushed and looked down "I j-just um...I'm early f-for the pack meet-ing..." the boy stuttered explaining why he was at Derek's loft.

Kiss on the cheek; I think you're cute.

Seeing Stiles all flustered made a smile creep onto Derek's face. He walked over to the boy and lightly kissed his cheek.

"It's fine Stiles. Can you order the pizza before the pack gets here?" Derek asked. Stiles face was a darker red now.

"Y-yeah of coarse." he stammered.

---

A few weeks later Stiles came to Derek crying. Derek pulled him into a hug immediately.

"M-my Dad." Stiles muttered into Derek's chest. "Drinking..." he added. "My mom's death..." Stiles couldn't put together a full sentence but Derek knew what he was saying.

Holding on tight; I don't want to let go.

Derek moved so he could look at Stiles. The younger boy tightened his grip. "Don't let go." he muttered. Derek tightened his grip around the other feeling a pang in his chest.

Arms around the waist; I like you to much to let go.

The next pack night Stiles decided to make tacos for dinner. He was quietly humming to himself when Derek came up behind him wrapping his arms around his waist. Stiles turned a little to see who it was. He smiled when he saw the Alpha behind him. Looking back at the pan in front of him he started humming again.

Kiss on the shoulder; I want you.

Derek watched Stiles cook quietly taking in the many smells. Between the hamburger cooking, the taco seasonings, and just Stiles' scent he couldn't help but think he could get use to this. He kissed Stiles shoulder and rested his chin on the teenager.

--

Stiles walked out of school on Monday after having a horrible day. He slowly dragged himself to his Jeep looking up to see Derek leaning against the hood. Stiles smiled unlike Derek who forced himself not to.