Come On Birthday Boy

Derek spends his birthday remembering the last birthday he spent with his family before the fire.

Just something quick bc I had a rough day and needed to write some fluff for TYLERS FUCKING BIRTHDAY OH MY GOD

LOOK AT MY FAVORITE SOURWOLF HE'S SUCH A CINNAMON ROLL OMF I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

"Der." The light in his bedroom turned on causing him to groan and pull the covers over his head.

"Come on bun bun." Laura laughed dropping down next to him on the bed.

"Too early." He groaned.

"But Der, mom made you're favorite since it's your birthday." Cora kicked him as she started jumping on his bed.

Derek sighed moving his blankets, "It's my birthday which means you're supposed to be nice to me." He said pulling Cora down next to him. "Not kick me."

"Seriously bun, get up. It might be your birthday but we still have school."

"I don't wanna go." Derek groaned.

Laura shrugged, "Fine, guess I'll keep these." She said dangling keys above his head.

"Are you serious?" He reached for them, Laura moving her hand away. "If you pass your test. Bertha is still my baby."

"I'll pass, but seriously? You're still calling it Bertha?"

"Leave Bertha alone you ass." She laughed.

--

"Happy Birthday, kid."

"Thanks dad." Derek said letting himself get pulled into a hug. His mom was standing at the oven making chocolate chip pancakes for everyone.

She handed him a plate telling him 'happy birthday' and kissing his cheek.

"Okay, eat up. You all have to leave soon."

--

"Bear wake up!" Stiles yelling jumping up onto the bed.

"Go away, Stiles."

Stiles snorted, jumping up and crossing his legs so he sat on the bed next to the wolf. "But I made your favorite."

"Too early."

Stiles laughed, "too bad, the packs gonna be here soon." He pulled on the older male's arm, Derek wrapping it around his waist and pulling Stiles so he was lying next to him.

"Quiet."

"You're lucky it's your birthday." Stiles sighed curling closer to him. "Oh, your keys are on the counter not your jacket pocket."

"Why'd you move them?"

"I had Bertha cleaned earlier." Stiles and Derek both laughed, "Why Bertha? Doesn't look like a Bertha."

"The Camaro was Laura's. She named it."

Stiles nodded, "well, you still gotta get up Bear."

"No."

"Seriously, Bear. C'mon. Get up." Stiles patted his chest. "You'll get birthday sex later. Promise."

Derek snorted watching Stiles climb out of bed and out of the room.

--

"Mom? What's going on?" Derek asked pulling his backpack off as he climbed into his mother's car.

"Don't be stupid, Derek. It's your birthday. We always pick you up early from school on your birthday." She rolled her eyes.

Derek laughed, "Where's dad?"

"Still at work, he'll be home for dinner."

"What'd you get me?"

Talia chuckled, "You have to wait till you're father gets home. You know that."

Derek groaned, "Fine."

--

The rest of the night was how every other birthday went. Derek got to do whatever he wanted, his favorite dinner was made, cake, presents, and then they went to bed.

"Derek." His dad called stopping him from hiding out in his room for the rest of the night.

"Yeah, dad?"

"One more thing." He said handing over a bag.

Derek scrunched his eyebrows together taking the bag from his father and pulling out what was inside. He smiled feeling the leather between his fingers. "Your jacket?"

The older Hale nodded, "it was your grandfathers, then mine, now yours."

"Thanks, Dad." Derek smiled.

"Put it on."

Derek rolled his eyes, pulling the jacket on. The material too big on him.

"You'll grow into it, kid." Mr. Hale smiled pulling his son into a hug. "Happy Birthday, Derek."

--

"Derek." Stiles said softly running his fingers through Derek's hair. The wolf yawned, looking up at Stiles who was sat on the edge of the bed. "Your pancakes are getting cold."

Derek smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too, Bear." Stiles said pecking his lips, "Come on birthday boy. The pack's waiting downstairs."

"Fine." He smiled, letting Stiles pull him out of bed.

Derek had spent every year since the fire wallowing on his birthday but since the pack forced themselves into his life and made no plan to leave he allowed himself to let go. It took a while and a couple years of Stiles trying his hardest to convince Derek that nothing was his fault. Derek told Stiles all the little things that his family did on his birthday and Stiles went out of his way every year since to get as many of the little details as close to perfect as he could. He watched Stiles hand out pancakes to everyone and smiled to himself, since Stiles came into his life he finally started to look forward to his birthday again.

"Happy Birthday, Derek." Stiles smiled kissing him and holding a plate out toward him.

Derek pulled Stiles into a hug, kissing his head. "Thank you, Stiles."

Okay, goodnight.