✿ older but just never wiser

"They're sending you to therapy?" his mother yelled in spanish over the phone.

"Mom, I don't know..." he trailed. One part of him wanted to do it for AJ and this organization... but the other side of him is convinced he doesn't need this, "I need my spot back, mom."

"You're Fernando Tatis Jr, the face of the organization and most important player in baseball. They aren't really gonna bench you, hijo."

"Ma, have you forgotten what I did?" he asked his what he believed to be in the moment — insane mother.

"You took PEDs, but the story—"

"The story doesn't matter. I haven't played in 2 years because I was irresponsible last off season and decided to ride a motorcycle. And then this. And your stupid made up—." He stopped there, before he could get himself into any deeper mud.

His mother was quiet for a moment. It was an awkward quiet. An unexplainable one. The one where he didn't know if his mom was just gonna give up with him and hang up... or scream at him and make him call his father.

Luckily though, he was sitting in the "Lense Psychological Services Office" in the psychological branch of the medical center that faced the stands. Any minute now he would be ordered to fill out papers he didn't need, than go sit down in that stupid office with whoever Ms. Lense was and be so vague she'd get bored of him and release him to play.

"Fernando?" a gorgeous petite blonde woman walked out of the prestige white door of the back room. She was in an all white denim jumpsuit with her hair curled evenly.

Fernando told his mom he had to go, before standing up and heading into the office.

It was simply just two small glass rooms. One of them overlooked Petco. That was the one with the couch and desk in it. The other looked to be some sort of mini kitchen or break room, which was ironic because no one was working here.

"Where's Dr. Lense?" He asked the girl, as she filled out a few things on her clip board.

Her eyes drew up to Fernando before stating, "I'm Dr. Lense."

"You're Dr. Lense?"

"Yes..." she trailed, hesitantly raising an eyebrow.

Fernando looked at her for a moment. She seemed like she belonged on a runway, not talking to insane people.

"I was expecting you to be older." he told her, covering up the fact it'd been blank silence for the last 7 seconds.

"Surprise," she muttered, opening up the glass door that led into the little kitchen, "You can go take a seat on that couch if you'd like." Dr. Lense offered, pointing towards the sofa in the other glass room.

She wasn't gonna admit to him she was supposed to be on her lunch break right now and was practically starving. But man, the things she did to help these dudes... and keep her job.

Fernando watched through the glass as the girl ate a granola bar before coming into the room he was in.

"Alright," she sighed, taking a seat on what seemed to be her chair as she faced him, "Where do we start?" Dr. Lense asked herself, flipping through a couple of pages on her clipboard. Fernando wondered what they said.

Finally, the girl looked up with a bright smile, "Oh, yeah. How are you?"

"Alright." he replied, "And you?"

"Good, I'm doing fine myself." there was a brief silence, before Dr. Lense started again, "I know it's weird being here. But I want you to know that what happens in this room stays in this room. Everything is confidential. I share nothing, unless..."