champagne problems

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS

"your heart was glass i dropped it

"your heart was glass i dropped it."

Serena had sat outside for over an hour until CJ finally got home and let her into the house. Kacie offered to come get her, but Serena refused since she was already halfway back to Miami when she did.

Upon being let inside, the blonde decided to just pull out her macbook and finish some work. CJ went straight to his room and showered, so it wasnt like she had anyone to talk to.

S was disappointed that her last day in Florida before returning to work would be spent alone doing work she could be doing with a nice view in San Diego, not at dinner with her (sorta) best friend.

The girl began scrolling through Padre's news, and her face lit up once she saw Fernando hit his first preseason home run. It made her ecstatic that he was back and seemed to really be enjoying himself despite all the sh!t he's facing because of it.

Right as she finished the video that showed him rounding the bases, she received a text message from him.

TATIS FERNANDO

VIEW CONTACT

Hey

I finally did it

1 video

And robbed one in right field!

lfg !!!

How'd it feel to be back

Felt great

Just wanted to thank you again

It's what I'm here for :)

Hehe

MacK felt pretty guilty returning this late at night. He felt bad Serena even came to Florida. He felt bad about their whole relationship at this point.

As he unlocked the front door, he wasn't sure how to tell Serena he lost feelings for her.

It sounded awful, but he got bored.

After moving to Washington last season, the two became sort of disconnected. MacK would still call her every day, but he was severely depressed.

In the offseason, right after the Padres end of the year party – the last time he saw Serena – he realized how out of it he was. He realized he needed himself back and needed to learn how to love himself again.

Through finding himself though, he lost Serena.

You can say he got too high on himself. After the last phone call with Serena – the one where they argued – he saw how unnecessary it was to be critisizing her like he did. He didn't even love her like that anymore when he did it. He just wanted to pick a fight and argue about how she didn't love him.

MacK played the victim and it backfired, and he knew it. He knew he fcked up. But now he had to pay the price. He had to come clean and probably lose the one thing that actually really loved him for who he was.

He wished he still loved Serena.

MacK didnt know how he'd go on knowing all the conversations and memories they shared, but deep in his bones he knew this was the right thing to do... even if it'd break both of their hearts.

When the boy walked inside, he saw Serena and CJ in the kitchen. It smelled like cookies.

MacKenzie locked the door, taking another deep breath knowing he was going to really regret what he was about to do.

"Hey MacK!" CJ shouted.

"Hey guys," MacK grinned, putting his keys on the counter to see what they were baking.

"Dude, scram!" CJ joked, pushing MacK out of the kitchen, "You don't get any since you weren't here to bake them."

Serena laughed from the barstool she was sat on. CJ ended up cheering her up earlier after she told him that MacK canceled on her, which is exactly why they were baking cookies now.

MacK sent CJ a look though, almost telling that he wanted to talk to Serena alone.

"I'll be right back," CJ said, receiving the message as he left the kitchen and went upstairs, leaving the pair alone.

MacK was nervous. He'd just realized how he'd been playing with his fingers and cracking his knuckles.

There was a small shake in his legs from where he stood across from Serena, as the girl looked at him to say something.

"I wanna be honest with you." MacK finally croaked. He didn't know how else to start, so he wanted to cut right to it.

Serena could see how nervous he was. In attempt to calm him down, she took his hands in hers from across the counter.

"You can tell me anything, I won't judge you." she assured.

After the speech MacK prepared for Serena about why he wanted to call this thing off, he was still speechless. He kept looking down at her hands, in fear of her big blue eyes. He noticed the ring his mother gifted to her last year. His parents had met Serena a few times and adored her. His mother adored her that much that she gave her their family's generational ring, that was once his grandmother's, great-grandmother's, etc...

"I don't love you anymore." tears welled in his eyes as the words came out.

Serena's pupils expanded as the words dropped from his mouth. She wasn't sure if she heard that sentence right. "W-What?"

"I'm sorry." MacK swallowed. Their hands were still locked tightly.

Serena's heart dropped and shattered as she processed his words. This was the moment she realised this love wasn't going to be coming back to her.

It'd slipped beyond her reaches without even a reason.

MacK didn't want to let Serena go. He wasn't ready. But he had to.

The girl still looked at him. Her whole demeanor had went from concerned to broken. Serena's grip on his hands were still tight, but he had to let go.

"I'm just not ready, S. I can't do this right now. I hope you find the real thing. They'll give you what I can't." he choked.

"MacK– we can make this work. I can wait for you." the desperate girl pleaded. MacK's grasp on her hands were loosening now.

A tear slid down MacKenzie's face as he dropped Serena's hands. He couldn't even be a man and look at her... so he looked away.

"P-Please go." MacK stuttered. He never imagined he'd feel anything this awful in his life.

Serena threw a hand over her mouth as she left the kitchen and walked into the guest bedroom she was staying in.

MacK sat down on a barstool, throwing his head into his hands trying not to sob.

PLZ WHAT IS THIS LMFAO

republished 6/21/23