rumors fly

❝ 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 ❞

darling i'm a nightmaredressed like a daydream

dressed like a daydream.

.·:*¨༺ ❝ 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 ❞ ༻¨*:·.

"what do you think he's smiling about?" juan snarked, nudging blake lightly. he was referring to fernando, who was across the room with a giant grin ear-to-ear.

blake didn't even look up, let alone flinch. he was usually bright and smiley. what changed?

it was extremely peculiar, because he was just coming off a mega-dominant start against the dodgers, that resulted in an 8-3 padres win. shouldn't he be excited about their recent success...? and the fact that fernando was giggling and kicking his feet like a little girl in the corner?

"he's probably texting ty." jake snickered, adding into the conversation as he brushed by to his locker. ty france seemed to have a special place in everyone's hearts around here.

"aw, be for real, jake!" juan returned, forgetting about blake's dejected state and ready to joke. "that smile is not like any other. that's a mischievous, devious smile. that is the lady-friend smile."

"the what?" the first baseman coughed, humored by whatever juan was onto.

"that type of happiness means there must be a woman in his near future." he continued, wiggling his eyebrows. he couldn't say he wanted this, but at least fernando was acting normal again.

"you really think so?" jake replied. although it was a thought, it wasn't a logical thought. it just didn't line up with fernando's frame of mind lately.

"i know so," juan pushed. he actually didn't "know so". he was just stirring the pot, and praying it was true to further tenure his role as the psychic on the team... even though everyone knew it rightfully belonged to yu.

jake and juan observed diligently as the roguish outfielder nonchalantly rose to his feet. blake was now engaged subtly too, his large blue orbs trailing the back of fernando's mountain gray compression shirt. slowly, he pulled the door open and shuffled out of it.

as soon as the clubhouse door was completely shut behind fernando, the pitcher-catcher duo of tom cosgrove and luis campusano sprinted over to the door. they must've caught on to fernando's dreamy behavior as well.

juan mimicked their motions and scurried over, and they each knelt down underneath the transparent window that gave them a clear view of the tunnels.

fernando was still viewable, swaying slowly and unsurely. his head was dug down into his phone.

tom watched closely, squinting his eyes and exchanging looks with the others every couple of seconds. after he studied the young dominican closely, he realized his jaw was moving. he must've been on facetime with someone.