hoax

❝ 𝑯𝑶𝑨𝑿 ❞

you know i left a part of me back in new york

❝ 𝑯𝑶𝑨𝑿 ❞

fernando's towering frame barely fit on his couch. the position he was in was laughable, with half of his legs hanging off the side and his right arm dangling down.

he didn't seem to fit anywhere these days. sadly, his work and new york problem had even followed him home. the devil was making him pay for his wrongs with endless psychological torture.

it wasn't anything like last year. it may have actually been worse.

the steroid dilemma was big. it hit the media like a bus going 100 miles per hour. it hit the clubhouse like a wrecking ball, and it merely smashed every bone in fernando's imposterous body.

the boy thought he could overcome anything after that. some could say fernando even deemed himself invincible. for what he'd done, every bridge, friendship, relationship he had in the organization was cracked, burnt, or dissolved.

everyone hated him after all that. nobody wanted to forgive him. but they did.

this time around though? fernando wasn't feeling too confident. everyone had the facts on him and serena. everyone also had their own interpretation though, and they also their own bias.

unfortunately, nobody seemed to be in his favor. nobody saw his side of the story. everyone just saw the horror that he'd committed.

perhaps they were right, though. perhaps it was time for him to ask himself that darn question.

it wasn't necessarily a question to serena, or his teammates. it was something more along the lines of who he was himself.

those dire four words. so simple, yet so damaging. he wasn't even sure if he asked himself those four words he'd be able to answer.

what am i becoming?

his head snapped up aprubtly, almost on cue as chancho shuffled into the living room.

the dog was looking at fernando sorrowfully. it was as if he was expecting something — rather, someone.

that soft beastly-sized doberman hadn't seen those kind blue eyes in awhile. he missed her similar height and gentle hands, the same ones that would pat him as praise. the girl had bright, golden hair. those strands were that of an angel.

he didn't know where she disappeared to, but he missed her every day. and it seemed today, he was missing her too much. two months was a very, very long time. especially in uneventful dog days.

"chancho?" fernando questioned breathlessly.

chancho trotted over to his owner, gazing up at him with desperation. all he wanted to know was where that pure, beautiful lady went? that was all he missed.

as if telepathic, fernando knew exactly what chancho was begging him for.

it was surprising, because of chancho's disability he had a hard time understanding or recalling things. the only person he could specifically remember was fernando, and... evidently, serena too.

the boy looked down from the sofa at his wide-eyed dog. why was he so reluctant to break it to chancho that serena was gone? long gone.

was he scared to admit it to the puppy? or was he scared to admit it to himself?
"serena isn't coming home, chancho." he breathed, choking back a sob.

𝑴𝒀 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑫𝑶𝑴 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬
𝑴𝒀 𝑩𝑹𝑶𝑲𝑬𝑵 𝑫𝑹𝑼𝑴
𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑩𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑵 𝑴𝒀 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑻

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ