♔ pages turn and stick to each other

❝ 𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑳𝑬𝑻 𝑴𝑬 ❞

𝒊 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒑𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑

𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑.

♔ ♔ ♔

morgan wallen and dunkin' seemed to be blake snell's best and only idea of getting over a break up. he hadn't been in a break up in at least 10 years, so he wasn't too good at this.

"do you want panera?" he asked, as serena lagged behind a little.

"i think i'm alright with my 3 dozen donuts." she laughed, the sight of blake carrying all three of the donut boxes he bought for her was rather hilarious, "i could've been happy with one."

blake shrugged, "why have one when you can have 3 dozen, paid for by yours truly?"

"just make sure to take one of the boxes back for haeley," she requested, referring to blake's girlfriend as they passed yet another crazy guy screaming near the crosswalk, "we'll see how long it takes for you to get attacked by a crackhead."

"i don't blame them, dunkin' is the sh!t," he grinned, pulling a donut out of the box and taking a big bite of it.

serena giggled. it had to be around 1am by now. blake strolled her down every single street of downtown and made her smile on each. they ended their night at dunkin.

"is your heart happy?" blake asked, turning to look at the girl as they stood at a street corner together.

"very," serena nodded, unable to hide her tight-lipped smile.

"no more crying over boys!" he shouted.

she looked down.

"sorry."

"you made my heart sad," she fake frowned, trying to make a joke out of his failed one.

they continued to walk, this time in silence. it was comforting at first, but with each street corner they passed it became discomforting.

every street light reminded her of palm beach.

every restaurant reminded her of the memories she left in them.

every passing car reminded her of her train ride to the airport after she left the airbnb.

"this your stop?" blake asked, gazing up at the high-rise condo building.

"yeah."

"don't forget your donuts!"

"thanks, blake," she smiled, embracing him into a tight hug.

"his loss, s. remember that," he whispered, pulling away to look the girl into her eyes.

she nodded, taking her donut boxes and waving goodbye.

as she walked through the courtyard, she felt that sick feeling begin to well again. the vacated the feeling. the emptiness in her stomach caused by her lack of ardor. the feeling of solitude and unhealthy quietness. the never-ending uncontrolled thoughts in her head that turned her brain into a storm.

the withdrawal of walking back through her townhouse door knowing how her and macK used to dance in the refrigerator light or scream to taylor swift lyrics in it.

serena couldn't even look out the window without imagining macK next to her in the reflection.

closing the blinds, she sat down on her couch and pulled out her phone. as a psychologist, she knew better than anyone to stay away from social media after breakups... but she couldn't help herself when macK's story was the first to pop up on her instagram page.

her finger hovered over the screen as she studied his new profile photo.

macK rarely posted or went on instagram, so it was a bizarre feeling knowing that he added to his story and changed his profile picture.

everything in her screamed not to view it, but she couldn't help herself.

serena held her breath as she tapped on his story. a photo of him and cj popped up. they were out together, inside a bar... partying.

by the looks of it, they were having a lot of fun. they both had drinks in their hands.

even though serena tried her hardest to look for even a hint of sadness, regret, or uncomfort in macK's brown eyes... she couldn't find anything.

all she saw was a happy and content guy who was free from all his problems.

powering her phone off, she began to sob again. she should've made blake take it from her so nothing like this happened.

it pained her to think about him. it felt like a shot to her heart to know macK was unaffected.

it broke serena knowing he moved on... while she was right where he left her.

 while she was right where he left her

♔ ♔ ♔ ♔ ♔

i promise serena crying over boys will be done soon.