❆ some things you just cant speak about

❝ 𝑬𝑷𝑰𝑷𝑯𝑨𝑵𝒀 ❞

with you i fall down

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❝ 𝑬𝑷𝑰𝑷𝑯𝑨𝑵𝒀 ❞ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

SHERBROOKE, CANADA [QUÉBEC]
🇨🇦/🇫🇷
FRIDAY, MAY 23RD. 11:27AM
LA MAISON LENSE

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"serena-? oh my god, what're you doing here?" aunt lily gasped, utterly astonished to see her estranged niece.

from in front of her, little russell was wide-eyed as he gazed up upon his unfamiliar cousin. she looked so different.

"surprise..." serena murmured, mustering up enough of a smile to not seem like she wasn't bitterly pissed with her mother. she then wrapped the woman into an awkward hug.

"i- i can't believe you're here." lily breathed. she thought after serena fell off the face of the earth and moved to the states she'd never see her again.

although serena's relationship was very complicated with her parents and family all-together, lily thibaut always felt a shameful pity for serena. she couldn't stand the thought of always getting the short end of the stick, something serena endured on a daily basis when she was still around.

"yeah, i can't either," serena agreed, squatting down to hug russell. he'd stayed quiet as usual throughout the entire interaction. it was abnormal how him and serena frequently avoided eye-contact or conversation.

"well, i assume kiernan's inside, yes?" the woman questioned, extending her neck so she could further examine the four walls of the lense household.

"ummm... no. he's not home yet," the girl replied, referring to her father. she must say, the mention of his name made her somewhat anxious.

he was always a stale man, and she was unsure of what his reaction would be seeing her. of course she was always his daughter, but he was so steadfast she never knew with him.

lily sighed disappointedly. it wouldn't be her first choice to drop her kid off with serena... but if she had to, she must. the woman couldn't go another day without a massage and pedicure.

"he's supposed to be. him and russ were going to watch the soccer game, then go grab a bite to eat. i reckon you don't mind watching little russell for a few minutes, yes?"

"why not." the brunette consented, as if she ever had a choice.

"bye darling. call me. we need to catch up," aunt lily bid adieu, kissing both serena and russell on the cheek before sashaying down the porch steps toward her white porsche.