miss americana & the heartbreak prince

❝ 𝑴𝑰𝑺𝑺 𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑨 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑩𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑬 ❞

it's you and me, that's my whole world.

⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖

"holy crap i've even got a fanpage now," serena giggled, scrolling through her most recent instagram comments. since fernando posted her on her birthday, her account has been completely lit up with baseball fans.

fernando looked over her shoulder as he ate his cereal. this morning felt so awkward. he didn't know how to tell serena his parents were in town and they were dying to meet her.

the problem with fernando's parents is that they were helicopter parents when it came to his love life. this is why he hadn't been in an actual relationship since his fifth grade marriage with ring pops.

"serena," he finally said, grabbing the girl's attention from beside her.

"yeah?" she returned. serena put her phone down. she could sense he was worried.

"my parents want to meet you," fernando stated. the thought of his mother and father hadn't even crossed his mind since him and serena's friendship became a relationship.

"oh, really? that's great!" serena exclaimed. she saw this as a big step in their relationship, and it also let her know he was serious about it.

"i've gotta warn you though, s... they're a little overbearing..." he informed.

"that's alright. when are they in town?"

"tonight. they want to meet you tonight." he gulped.

"oh, um," serena replied, rather flustered. she was up to meeting his parents... but she didn't think it would be in less than twelve hours from now, "okay!"

"i'm sorry for the short notice," fernando apologized, dropping his bowl of cereal in the sink.

"it's fine, where're we going?"

"lou & mickey's. and don't worry, it's just my parents. my siblings won't be there," he assured. fernando had already shared a few stories about his brothers and sisters with serena. there was a lot of funny business in their family.

"that's okay," she smiled, looking down at finnegan.

she got up and gave the kitty a pat on the head, then grabbed her coat from off the side of the couch.

"i'm gonna head down to the office. i have a few appointments. feed finny for me?" serena told, pulling open the front door.

"of course," fernando answered, holding up a thumbs up.

as he watched serena leave, he couldn't help but feel he just pushed a ton of nerves onto serena. fernando knew he should've told her earlier.

"MANNY!" serena yelled, busting into the machado household

yainee jumped up from the couch, a sigh of relief rushing over her as she realized it was serena. she was ready to grab one of manny's bats and protect her home.

"you guys really have to lock your door..." serena winced.

"we keep it open for juan. he cant even recognize his own house when he's drunk, but he sure can recognize ours..." she muttered, going to shut the door and lock it, "so why did you just barge into my home?"

"umm, fernando thinks i'm at work right now, but i actually have a big problem," serena glossed.

"okay...?"

"fernando's parents want to meet me..." she trailed, "tonight."

yainee lifted her eyebrows, heading over to the stairs and opening her mouth to yell.

"manny! get down here!"

manny immediately appeared at the top of the stairs. he knew when his wife called him like that it was important.

"oh, hey serena," manny greeted as him and yainee joined her back in the living room.

"hey," serena said back.

"fernando's parents want to meet serena," yainee explained to manny.

"ohhh, you're in for it," manny chuckled.

"way to make her feel better, manny," yainee rolled her eyes, leading them into the kitchen.

serena sat down at a barstool, as yainee and manny preferred to stand across from her. she felt like she was about to have a heart-to-heart talk with her own parents.

"are they gonna hate me?" serena asked, "i mean, i am his psychologist... we look pretty bad."

"they aren't gonna hate you, serena. they're just very devoted to their son's life," manny calmed.

serena sat quietly. manny could tell she still wasn't convinced.

"i don't think fernando has been in a relationship since i've known him. he's never talked about girls, or people he's hooked up with. if he wants you to meet his mom and dad he really loves you and believes in your relationship. besides, if i thought my parents wouldn't like the girl i took home, i wouldn't have taken her home," he affirmed, as his eyes found yainee's.

for a moment, serena became distracted with her own problem and looked between them with a smile. they were the cutest couple ever.

"understood?" manny seeked, peeling his eyes off of his gorgeous wife.

"yes," she nodded, "thank you guys."

yaineemachado's story

mannymachado, sarahhwacha, and 17 others liked your story

serenalense replied to your story: TAKE THAT BACK

fernando_tatis21 replied to your story: always in urs but never in mine :(

seiko_darvish replied to your story: Amazing spectacular beautiful show stopping animal-whisperer princess-like fairy b**** in your house.

⌖ ⌖ ⌖