⌖ killing me slow

❝ 𝑪𝑹𝑼𝑬𝑳 𝑺𝑼𝑴𝑴𝑬𝑹 ❞

bad bad boy shiny toy with a price

⌖ ⌖ ⌖

one homerun robbery and three hits later, fernando could finally say he's done it all.

returning home was even more magical than he imagined. his nerves hadn't been eating away at him for this return like they were at the others.

san diego forgave him.

with his family there, serena there, and for whatever reason injured wil myers there, it felt like old times. but better.

he met up with his parents and siblings after the game, who were over the moon for him.

as he conversed with his sister, he eyed serena in the distance. she was talking to manny. they hadn't said a word to each other all morning, except for the formal "hello" "goodbye" and a kiss on the cheek.

he was starting to worry he genuinely messed up by notifying serena that his parents were starting to push for them to break up.

this whole situation was so weird for him. her heart seemed so set on their unmeanigful opinion that would most likely change in a few months.

fernando excused himself from his family's conversation, then went toward an unoccupied serena. manny had just walked off.

"hey," he greeted softly, wrapping her into a side hug.

fernando's hand found her waist as she looked up at him with a gentle smile.

"you did amazing tonight!" serena quietly congragulated.

"thanks," he grinned, "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm great," she assured, "i'm proud of you!"

he chuckled. "c'mon s, are you hiding from my family?"

"oh, you mean the one that doesn't like me?" she humorously retorted. fernando knew she meant it playfully, but it did sting a little.

he sighed, eyes flickering over to his observant parents.

"i'll meet you up in the office before i leave," he whispered, patting her on the back as she nodded. the girl then walked away.

fernando returned to his family. his brothers were looking at him expectantly.

"es ella su novia?" elijah asked.

"si," fernando answered, locking eyes with his parents as he did.

"come in!" serena exclaimed at the sound of a knock on her door. expectedly, it was fernando.

"hi!" she greeted with a grin, shoving a couple of files back in her drawer.

"hey," he returned, tenderly planting a kiss on her forehead. "i was thinking we could grab something to eat together?"

"sure!" serena agreed, kicking her file cabinet closed. she'd been struggling to close it since he walked in.

"need help?" he asked, taking a look into the lodged cabinet.

his eyes caught a particularly large file. it took up almost half the drawer.

"holy smokes, whose is that?" fernando questioned. serena tensely jumped in front of it, shielding him away from seeing it.

"confidential," the girl declared. she gave it one last final shove, and it finally closed. "let's get out of here."

serena held the door open for fernando before locking her office on the way out. wil gave her back his spare key so she was now safe from any more surprise visits that could possibly result in the emergency room.

"what're you feeling? greek? italian? mexican?" she suggested, as the couple started down the stairwell.

"we should go to little italy," fernando proposed.

"that sounds good," serena agreed.

the walk was a little awkward. it was silent. neither of them usually walked in silence. when they did, they couldn't keep it together. someone always had to speak.

"hey, s... i'm really sorry about this whole situation." he finally apologized. it wasn't really in his control, but the decision to tell her was. he didn't know why yu encouraged it.

"i know, it's not your fault. i just don't like thinking about it," serena assured.

"well, there's always another set of parents to root for us," he joked, obviously referring to serena's.

"right," she nodded stalely. "they're in canada though."

fernando could see serena didn't take his comical comment lightly. she seemed to become more stiff at the mention of her parents.

"are you and your parents in good graces?" he continued, trying to gather whatever information he could without being a mooch.

"i dunno," serena shrugged. "they worry about me a lot. sometimes it becomes too much. but, when they aren't worrying about me..." she trailed, her head leaning forward.

fernando was staring at the girl intently.

"they forget about me," she breathed, "there's a lot of us though. lots of college-aged sisters, one still at home."

fernando remembered serena mentioning her sisters once. he couldn't remember how many she had, but he knew there were at least four.

"i'm sorry," he consoled, squeezing her hand in his.

"it's fine. not much i can do about it," serena murmured, "i wonder if they even know i'm dating someone." she joked.

fernando_tatis21

Liked by _jacksonmerrill_, carsonlense, and 119,910 others

fernando_tatis21 🍽️ con 🕊️

View all 1,409 comments.

User5002 no sorry he's with me

anon47920101 hey girly I know you don't know me but...

trentgrisham but fridays are for the boyz :(

sarahhwacha Beautiful

serenalense mon amour ! 🩵
fernando_tatis21 🌟👶🏼🤍

username7391010 why are they couple goals

haeleyryane SHES MINE 😡

⌖ ⌖ ⌖