the 1

𝑻𝑯𝑬 1

we were something, don't you think so?

Serena sat with her legs crossed in the meeting room, head dug into a book as she attempted to block out the frustrated yells from next door

Similar to the Padres, the Mets were also in a rapid decline. They spent a ton of money on mediocre players and proven veterans that can't seem to perform. There was a difference in how it was dealt with though.

The Mets ownership decided to resolve their issues by fighting with each other. They were owned by a Wall Street billionaire, so things got heated easily.

Although Serena disliked AJ and Peter's lack of action back home, she'd much rather "wait it out" than hear Eppler and Cohen at war 24/7.

The girl left San Diego thinking she was crazy. That there was something wrong with herself. But she was starting to realize that she was probably just perfect and it was everyone around her that had issues.

"Dr. Lense?" a soft voice asked with a knock. The door was open, and the familiar figure of Francisco Lindor stepped inside.

"What's up?" she responded, shutting her dream interpretation book. Serena was essentially unphased by the fighting across the hall. Francisco, on the other hand, was not around up here enough to grow accustomed to the noisiness.

"I did what you told me," he shared, seemingly a tad bit embarrassed. He was trying to adjust to having a psychologist. They never had one around here, and it was just different.

"How'd it go?" Serena inquired, engaged in his progress.

"It was good. I made this."

Francisco held up a strange little rodent-looking thing in his hands. It looked to be some sort of stuffed animal... a really homely looking one.

He then set his making on her desk, moving it's glued on eyes to face her. One of them was practically falling off.

"Did they love it?" she inquired. Francisco obviously did her given task... but he was evidently too stubborn to admit it.