⌖ i dont belong

❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 ❞

those windermere peaks look like a perfect place to cry

"hey, are you okay?" serena asked wholeheartedly. fernando had seemed off after the fiasco of last night.

serena was still feeling mixed about yesterday night's dinner. the way the table went silent once she mentioned she was fernando's psychologist was deathly. she understood how bad it sounded.

but, she was also sort of torn about how fernando never told his parents she was his psychologist. she thought occupation would've been one of the first things to come up when you interrogate your kid about their new partner. she knew that was always her dad's first question.

fernando's head was pounding. his eyes slowly opened as serena stood above him on his couch.

"i have a migraine," he lied, propping himself up. she'd been playing with chancho for the past half an hour while he quietly fought with himself and his thoughts in his mind.

"oh, i'm sorry." she apologized, "do you want some water?"

"no, i'm alright." fernando assured.

"okay. are you sure that's all? you seem a little... off."

truthfully, serena was feeling off today too after dinner. she was just better at masking it. she didn't want to burden fernando with the storm in her head because he had some really big days ahead of him with his return to san diego.

fernando fell silent. he was genuinely debating on telling her now. he wasn't sure how to start it though. he should've asked yu if this was more of a thing to blurt out or ease into.

"serena, i don't think my parents like our relationship," he softly croaked.

serena looked at fernando intently as he broke the news. she couldn't say she didn't expect it.

"don't get me wrong, they like you. they just don't like us," he tried to validate. after the words flowed out of his mouth he realized it probably didn't do anything though.

serena was still staring at him foggily. he could almost see the little gears in her mind shifting to find a solution.

"that's okay," she affirmed, "we can just..." she trailed slowly. a glum frown marked her face.

"we aren't breaking up, s," fernando assured, placing a hand on her shoulder, "i couldn't live without you if we did."

serena swallowed. her eyes left fernando's and became glued on the san diego skyline outside the window. she didn't want to imagine the idea of them breaking up. she couldn't bear to even hear those two words when she thought about their relationship.

the blond took a deep breath in, shifting her head back over to fernando's chocolate brown eyes beside her.

"don't worry about me or us, nando. you need to keep your eyes set on tomorrow." she asserted. her diamond blue orbs looked dispirited, but the hint of truth in them brought him comfort.

he watched as serena stood up from the sofa. she slowly eyed the door.

"i've gotta head out. i have to meet with gary," serena voiced, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on fernando's forehead.

the boy quickly got up to walk her out of his condo. serena could feel his movement behind her as she opened the front door.

she carefully turned around to face her boyfriend. he looked troubled. she didn't want him to feel anxious or distressed.

serena took his hands in hers. "you stay ready for your homecoming, alright?" she sadly smiled.

he nodded back to her, observing as she left through the door. he peered his head through the doorway and watched her figure disappear into the elevator.

 he peered his head through the doorway and watched her figure disappear into the elevator

fernando_tatis21's close friends story.

juansoto_25, serenalense, and 73 others liked your story

robert_suarez75 replied to your story: Wsp dawg

maggiemyers_ replied to your story: i think he's looking for the pretty lady

wil_myers replied to your story: Que paso amigo

serenalense 🩷

⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖

oh no