holy ground

❝ 𝑯𝑶𝑳𝒀 𝑮𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 ❞

back when you fit my poems like a perfect rhyme

poems like a perfect rhyme

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

@serenalense

Liked by m_batten4, maggiemyers_, and 113,581 othersserenalense oh to be found

serenalense oh to be found...

View Comments

username47190148 in her baddie era ⁉️
serenalense my verison of REP 😚🖤

austinhedges18 Goth
serenalense take that back

username37190484 She's a new york girlie

random480203 @fernando_tatis21

luisurias97 wow you look very thrilled 🫥👍
serenalense no reason to smile
luisurias97 "BTW im Luis not Julio 🔥✌🏼" Was that funny?????
serenalense I'm cackling. Can you tell by my face? 😐🫤😑🥱😴

mariajhader go cinderella, go cinderella ! 🎶

❝ 𝑯𝑶𝑳𝒀 𝑮𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 ❞
♥*♡∞:。.。

"mmm, this is sooo good," serena breathed, savoring the favor of the scrumptious breakfast that nate made for her. it was honey-nut oat french toast - two of her favorite things put in one.

"i figured you'd like it." nate chuckled, looking up from the tv. he was an avid mets fan, and completely engrossed in the sports center highlights from last night.

serena cracked a little smile, exiting the kitchen and sitting down next to nate on the sofa.

"are you gonna fix this team?" he joked lightheartedly, as a 'highlight' of daniel vogelbach displayed. he was attempting to go first to third on a single, and, obviously... he didn't even make it too far past second base until being thrown right out.

"i really don't know how when the owners can't even hook me up with people to talk with. why even have me if i'm not allowed to have sessions?" serena complained.

"it seems easy at least," the dirty-blond shrugged. "not seeing them is probably better than hearing pete alonso cry about the home run derby 24/7." he jested.

serena tilted her head, almost out of disagreement.

"i mean, personally it seems better than my office job. that's all." he shrugged.

"eh," serena exhaled, readjusting her body position so she was now leaning up against nate.

"so...? are you going back to california with the team in a week?" he inquired after a brief silence.

"i don't know. should i?" she thought momentarily. it was more of a rhetorical question, because the girl knew the sun and sand would only hurt her feelings.

nate shrugged again. although it was obvious serena tried her best to act like she hated san diego, it was obviously a part of her.

"you should," he voiced.

"maybe i will. just for a day," serena reasoned. "i still have to go home. it's only a matter of time until an 819 area code is spamming my voicemail."

"you should go there, too," he added with a nod.

serena and nate weren't everything they seemed. sure, they were in a relationship. they were with each other 24/7, but when they weren't with each other they didn't give one another much thought.

infidelity was never a consideration, but their own lives were vague to each other. serena didn't know much personal stuff about nate, and nate didn't know too much personal stuff about her either. and with serena's overwhelming record, she'd like to keep it that way.

the girl mirrored his motion, nodding along in response.

everytime she thought of home, she didn't think of sherbrooke or her family. truthfully, she thought of fernando. fernando and everything in that box macK and cj delivered to her weeks back.

she remembered all the people she had to part ways or disregard. she had to bask in the guilt of changing her number and deleting their contacts while wanting nothing but a laugh or a catch up session.

serena said she'd always be there for them.

but she hasn't.

they had every right to be angry at her and her new life. she knew they were. she knew she would be if she was in their shoes. she wanted nothing more but to leave them alone and give them the space to let go.

serena felt selfish. they couldn't let go because she couldn't let go of them. she hung on. she wouldn't let them let go. she wouldn't allow them to walk away no matter how much she needed them to.

that box from san diego was the only thing from san diego that didn't speak volumes about the padres or her dissolved life on the west coast.

it was an old, fragile, brown box that sat in the corner of the room, unopened. it had went unopened for nearly ten years. it went everywhere with serena.

any one of her family members would know this, because they were still looking for that box too. part of their life lived inside of that package. serena's entire world lives in it.

oftentimes she'd feel the need to shove it in a closet or under a bed. somewhere she couldn't see it. even the dead color of it was enough to drive her insane.

ever since her and fernando split she always felt a dent in herself. it was like a piece of her was missing. it was this void, almost like this void of realization when you lose something important.

but that box? that box only worsened it.

she didn't yearn for it like she did fernando.

it yearned for her.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

gonna hopefully fill some plot holes with serena that weren't covered in the beginning of the book

also serena's a brunette now more on that next chapter xx