evermore

❝ 𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑬 ❞

guess i'm feeling unmoored

∞ ∞ ∞

"wil myers says hello."

serena froze.

her whole body felt numb as the bittersweet name echoed her head.

wil.

she hadn't thought about him in so long.

serena couldn't say she was miserable without him, but she hadn't felt complete since they completely cut each other off for almost 2 months.

after her and fernando said goodbye, she wondered when fernando had talked to wil, and how she even came up. she hoped it had nothing to do with macK. wil warned her they were a bad idea because macK was on the verge of emotional instability.

she wanted to call wil and say hi back. she wanted to talk to him again. she missed their relationship.

but, serena was too stubborn. she was almost never the first to call or take the first step in rebuilding certain relationships. serena wanted more than anything for wil to call and apologize. she wanted wil to tell her how much of jerk he'd been and that he was sorry.

on the other hand, serena's heart spoke contrary to her head. it wanted her to reach out.

exhaling, she figured maybe a long walk after her scheduled zoom meeting could clear her mind and help her make a decision.

the rovino foodery was the closest restaurant to serena's townhouse. it was also her go-to lunch spot. on top of that, it was practically everyone on the team's favorite lunch spot.

the girl was standing at the deli counter waiting for her sandwiches after her morning walk.

she'd made up her mind, and decided she was gonna leave wil be. maybe she'd tell fernando she said hi back to wil, but she didn't think she was ready to reconnect right now.

"serena? is that you?"

the blonde turned around, already expecting to see a padre player. it was xander!

"hey, x!" she returned, picking her sandwich up as she approached their table.

xan dapped her up, "i promise we'll win today." he joked.

"you better, we're already in 4th place!"

"hey, at least we're not in 5th."

"true," serena laughed, "so i see the team told you about the spot?" she said, referring to the resturant.

"yeah, joe told me about it. said they have the best italian food on market."

"it really is!"

"hey, i wanted to let you know... i called fernando a couple days ago like you suggested. i feel so much better. i really appreciate it."

"xander, that's great! i recently talked to fernando and i think he mentioned something about you calling him. he really valued your words."

x grinned, proud of himself, "y'know, we also talked briefly about you as well."

"you did?" serena swallowed, trying not to sound awkward.

"yeah. nandos a good kid. he thinks very highly of you. i mean, his eyes light up at the sound of your name. he loves you."

"that's sweet." the blonde beamed, swiping a piece of hair behind her ear. she felt herself blushing.

"i'm serious s, back to the shortstop situation... you really helped me dodge a bullet. i stressed for months about how fernando would feel about me swiping his position. relationships are so important, especially in a team environment. sometimes all you need is a little push to say something, which you gave me."

"xan, that's so nice! i'm happy i could help. it is what i'm getting paid for after all..." she shrugged, a grin on her face.

"of course. i didn't mean to keep you here to hear my story on how i won over the face of baseball, because i know you probably want to eat. thanks for everything you do around here. i'll cya tonight?"

"yep, i'll be there like always! bye xander!"

"bye!"

serena carried her sandwich back across the street to her townhouse. as she walked, she recalled xander's words.

it was the ones about relationships, and how sometimes all you need is a little push in rebuilding or fixing one. it looped her back around to her feelings on wil.

she thought she made up her mind earlier on what she wanted to do, but now she felt urged to take the first step and shoot him a text.

chill myers 🙃

Today 3:03

hey wil

typing...

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

i want to thank everyone so much for the immaculate amount of support for this book!! i love u guys!! <33