⁶ something you miss.

❝ 𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑲𝑰𝑺𝑺 ❞

hope it's nice where you are

💜💭🔇

"Okay, woah! Twist of the year?!" Juan choked, spitting up his water from Manny's leather armchair.

"I told you," Manny affirmed, as Yainee threw her head back from the couch they were situated on.

"He's an idiot," the man spat. "Y'know, if he doesn't want her I'll-"

"Don't even think about saying it you tramp," Yainee threatened coldly.

"I saw Sr. before the game the other night — did not sound like he was fond of Marlena at all." Manny raised his eyebrows.

"I mean," Yainee began with a shrug, "She seems sweet, she's just..." the woman trailed, unable to describe what she was thinking.

"She's not Serena." Manny finished.

"Right," Yainee agreed. Despite all the Padres' struggles and recent decline, it seemed the Serena drama could be the only thing anyone could talk about.

"I don't like how Nando went about this." Juan sighed, "It sounds like he is truly convinced that Serena ran off to be with MacK... which is not the situation at all."

"He's lying to himself to justify his actions. He's f*cked too," Manny shook his head in disapproval. Manny was always the first to stand behind and support Fernando. But all of this? He couldn't agree with all this.

"Bombs aren't supposed to blow up the people who made them..." Juan added.

"Well he's running right towards his," Yainee murmured, rubbing her temples.

"They could've just blown up together." The young outfielder reasoned, "Obviously, there was a little more than a sudden break up."

"Jake knows the entirety of what happened, but won't say anything. He's probably scared to tarnish someone's image." Manny frowned.

"In my eyes? They broke up, Fernando moved on, then Serena went to New York. That's all I got." Juan shared.

"I don't get why she would pack up and leave because of that. This is her dream. She loves San Diego, right?" Yainee questioned.

This trio was becoming overly-obsessed with this situation. Yainee wouldn't even be surprised if they started taking notes on the information they gathered to piece whatever the hell truly went on between Fernando and Serena.

"Wade Kendall," Manny snapped his fingers. To Manny Machado, Dr. Kendall was the root of all evil. Nobody could be this nice.

"Leave Wade out of this!" Juan argued. He personally, had grown to become a Wade Kendall supporter. He was just a harmless, goofy guy. Not to say he wasn't awful at his job, but that was a different story.

"Wade Kendall took her job!" Manny declared.

"Manny, calm down," Yainee sighed. She was completely aware of how much her husband despised Dr. Kendall. Him, Blake, and Yu were starting to become notoriously known for hating on the guy.

"If anything, it's AJ and Peter's fault. They brought Wade Kendall in," Juan nodded.

Manny sort of shrugged. In his mind, he wanted to believe this was all Wade's fault.

"Have either of you guys talked to her?" Yainee asked. She was curious if they heard what she heard about Serena.

"A little."

"Yeah."

Juan's entire demeanor became more shaky. He didn't want to think about Serena's new life in New York. She should be here, where she belonged.

"I assume you're asking me this because of Nate?" Juan exhaled.

"Who's Nate?" Manny furrowed his eyebrows. He obviously missed a chapter here.

"Her new boyfriend, or something like that." Yainee shrugged.

"That was soon," the man mumbled. Serena was always someone who put herself first. She didn't need a guy to distract her life, but maybe after MacK and Fernando she changed altogether.

"Fernando moved on within two days, so..." Juan trailed.

"MacK did too..." Manny added. Poor Serena. There was a pretty vicious pattern here.

"I'm not even sure if they're dating, but if they are — he's cute for her," Yainee smiled, "Hopefully he isn't clinically insane like the other ones."

"I used to think MacK was the one off his rockers — but Fernando really climbed up the leaderboard there," Manny joked dryly.

"Speaking of MacK: aren't the Nats gonna be here this week?" Yainee pondered, "Maybe you two should go interrogate him. You know that kid can't keep a secret even if his life depended on it."

"That's not a bad idea. Doesn't he pitch Sunday?" Manny sought out.

"Yeah," Juan confirmed, "Sunday at 1:10. Call him out to dinner Thursday night. We can all talk."

"Guys, I know I used the term "interrogate", but for the love of God don't be too awful to him, K?" Yainee grimaced. Juan sounded like he was about to stop a supervillain.

"We're gonna do whatever we can to get to the bottom of this," Juan smiled, disregarding Yainee's comment. At least Manny knew not to go over the top though.

"I'm gonna go make that call," Manny stated, holding up his cellphone.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*