out of the woods

❝ 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 ❞

we were built to fall apart & fall back together

ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅  ҉❝ 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 ❞ ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ

"god damn serena!" cj shrieked, ill of ease as he watched the girl vigorously throw every sign of san diego into a black garbage bag.

"they're ruining my life!" she cried, tears welling in her eyes as her torso folded and she hung her head toward the ground.

"ummmm," macK hummed. him and cj just walked in. neither of them knew what was going on, but given his thoughts were always in a three minute delay he thought nothing of it.

"can you stop acting like a nut and tell us what's wrong?!" cj exclaimed, snatching a photo of her, macK, and cj from last season in san diego posing with the phillie phanatic out of her hands. he loved that polaroid. he couldn't let her throw it away because she was having her annual psychotic breakdown.

"nate left this time. actually, left." she groaned, ripping a picture of an f'ed up-looking dog drawn by fernando on a piece of paper in half, "i swear to god they won't ever leave me alone."

"how is it their fault?" the shortstop frowned. serena had been acting particularly deranged lately. maybe this was just the tip of the ice berg.

"it's always their fault!" macK chimed in, defending serena. he hated the padres. their management was emotionally manipulative.

"your boyfriend dumping you isn't the padres fault, serena." cj rolled his eyes.

"it was last time..." the other boy retorted.

the girl flopped onto her sofa defeatedly. although she was trying her best to find someone else to blame for her problems, she'd seen this film before.

serena hated burdening everyone else with her problems, so she kept them to herself. worrying people was one of her least favorite feelings, because she hated the feeling of worrying herself.

so she kept fernando a secret. she kept every little smile-awakening detail about san diego to herself. but in the end, it made her secretive and sneaky.

"fuck new york! i wish i went to the dodgers." she yelled ruthlessly into a pillow.

"hey!" cj snapped, "stop being dramatic!"

"yeah, you take that back!" macK gasped. who dare say the d word in their presence?

the brunette flipped over onto her back, gazing up at her best friends. she felt like she was constantly falling behind these days.

"you need to get a grip," cj sighed, his warm brown eyes shifting to the pitcher next to him.

serena needed to have fun, and macK was getting really good at having fun.

"admit it, serena. nate was too high maintenance for you anyways." he added.

"he wanted a mom not a wife..." macK grimaced. that was one of those relationship aspect he always felt sick about. guys were weird.

"why don't we all go out and have some fun?" cj proposed valiantly, "without alcohol."

"barbie is in theaters?" macK suggested, somewhat childishly, as serena stirred uncomfortably on the couch.

"you guys aren't really gonna be the ones to take me to see that movie, right?" serena remarked.

"i heard it's good. it heals your inner child," macK put in brightly.

"well, considering it's supposed to be about girlhood, maybe i should go see it with - y'know - girls?" she rolled her eyes. serena truthfully just didn't want to go see the movie. she'd rather just mope around and be miserable.

"you don't have any girl-friends. hell, i don't think you even have any friends for that matter. you have us though. whatever the three of us are... you have us," cj philosophically shrugged.

"what are we waiting for, then? let's go see barbie!" macK grinned, pulling serena off the couch and nudging her to the front door.

┉ˏ͛ ༝̩̩̥͙ ⑅͚˚   ҉  ⑅͚˚ ͛༝̩̩̥͙ ˎ┉

omg!! serena is gonna have her a-ha moment guys!