karma

𝑲𝑨𝑹𝑴𝑨

it's coming back around

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Do you believe in karma?"

"Are you really entitled to ask that question?" CJ spat. He chucked his empty can of Truly at MacK, who slightly winced. Serena giggled.

"Okay, so? We're friends now. It cancels out!" he justified, grabbing Serena's arm and holding it in the air.

"Those sucky numbers say otherwise," CJ narrowed his eyes.

"It's not bad for a National..." MacK muttered. Suddenly a lightbulb in his head lit up. His expression read that he was feeling like kid genius, "Besides, what do your numbers mean, CJ? What bad thing did you do that cursed you?"

CJ shrugged his shoulders, throwing his head back and taking another sip out of his red cup. If it wasn't somewhat obvious, Serena was in Washington with her weird friends. The Mets were playing the Nats, so she made the trip for extra giggles — and to pull herself out of the sad city.

The theme of this chapter of her life was change, and simply how quickly everything moves and just goes away. But... things also restart.

Like this. This strange friendship restarted. She was sitting on MacKenzie Gore's floor, with CJ Abrams, drinking straight Malibu because they were all sad, depressed, single people with no life because they each destroyed them.

Serena leaned forward and pat Sky on the head. Sky was a devil of a dog, but even she looked concerned. She was also probably hoping these people would get out of her house.

"We should do something," Serena exhaled, sliding her drink forward. The alcohol was taking too long to kick in, and they were running out of deep things to talk about.

"Like what?" CJ groaned. He had a massive headache, but even he had to agree that the liquor simply wasn't doing its job tonight.

"Oh my gosh - wait," MacK exclaimed. He jumped onto his feet and smiled widely. "My neighbor is hosting this huge party tonight, we should go!" he suggested.

"I thought that you guys hated each other?" Serena questioned. From what she gathered, he and his neighbor were currently at war.

"They have a weird, neighborly foundation..." CJ whispered, "I think they... y'know..." he lifted his eyebrows, side-eyeing the bedroom.

"Oh my God. Gross," she gagged, glimpsing back up at MacK.

He was ecstatic at the thought of this party. She couldn't say no. Besides, it was something to do.