this is why we cant have nice things

❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑾𝑯𝒀 𝑾𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑻 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 ❞

you stabbed me in the back while shaking my hand !

⌖ ⌖ ⌖

serena groaned at the blaring sound of her alarm. if hell had a noise, it was definitely the "radar" sound.

she immediately hit snooze within seconds of it blasting. her head really hurt and ears were clogged. juan must've gotten her sick.

serena decided to shove her symptoms off. you don't wake up at the ass crack of dawn to not go do what you were supposed to. she didn't know why ha-seong kim insisted on a 7am appointment, but with such limited availability due to the busy season she had to get people in whenever she could.

the girl swung her legs out of her bed, placing them on the cool planks of the wood floor. finnegan was curled up in his bed in the corner.

she tip-toed past her kitty and into the bathroom. it was from there she washed her face, brushed her teeth and hair, etc.

sunrays began to seep through her blinds as she threw her clothes on. serena's blue eyes hadn't even unfogged from exhaustion yet due to her late dinner with fernando last night.

the blond noticed she had a missed call from aj. this was considerably peculiar, given didn't normally call her in the after hours.

serena shrugged it off, blending some concealer under her dark under eyes before heading downstairs.

she poured some kibble in finnegan's bowl and grabbed a cliff bar for herself on the way out.

the nice thing about waking up early was the calmness of the city. serena enjoyed chilly mornings and delicious scents as she passed coffee shops and breakfast restaurants. she liked saying hello to the oncoming earlybirds and greeting fellow staff members with bright eyes.

serena buzzed herself into the main building, going straight down the hall then taking a turn towards the stairwell. there was a coldplay poster hanging on the door. they must've been coming to petco.

the girl routinely climbed six stories up to her office. it was still ridiculous to her there was no elevator on this side of the stadium.

once serena arrived at her branch of the medical office, she found her door already pushed open. after last night's surprises, she figured wil probably had a spare-spare key she forgot about and he was here to scare her again.

serena walked in with a firm look on her face, expecting to see wil with to soak her with a water gun or something, but she instead found a tall slender dude.

"who the hell are you!" she gasped, wasting no time to shove her hand into her pocket and make sure her pepper spray was in there.

"i'm so sorry, dr. lense! i didn't mean to scare you!" the man genuinely apologized, taking a sip out his coffee mug, "my name is dr. wade kendall. i'll be assisting you from now on."