the joker & the queen

❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑱𝑶𝑲𝑬𝑹 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑬𝑵 ❞

𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒅, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒆

♔ ♔ ♔

"okay, you're sure you don't need anything? not even a toothbrush? toothpaste? soap? anything?" serena asked, reviewing fernando's belongings as they walked into san diego international airport.

"yes, serena. i have everything." he playfully rolled his eyes. she sounded like his mother right now.

"perfect."

one day, serena was crying about macK. and the next she is laughing in her least favorite place on earth with fernando tatis jr.

"well, i hope you enjoy tsa and flight delays. also, don't miss me too much." she smirked.

"trust me serena, i will not miss rescuing you from nightclubs." he retorted.

serena smiled up at him, her eyes dropping as she realized she wouldn't get to see fernando for another two weeks.

"do good," she said softly, setting her hand on his shoulder.

"i'll do my best."

"good. and don't make any unwanted waves either. the last thing you need is even more trouble." serena giggled.

fernando's heart slowed as he gazed down at serena. his pupils expanded, and entire breathing pattern changed as her innocent eyes searched his.

his mind propelled him to say something, but the zany feeling in his chest pushed him to do something else.

they were so close. he could almost hear serena's heart pounding as fast as his.

in what felt like slow motion, his hand extended outward and cupped around serena's cheek.

he pulled her in slowly, and laid a soft kiss on her lips.

serena kissed him back, as her hands found his face as well.

fernando pulled away, smiling down at her senselessly. everything felt so light as they continued to stare into each other's eyes.

"does this mean i get to take you on a real date now?" fernando asked.

"hold your horses, tiger. that's not for another two weeks." she chuckled lightly.

"then i guess i'll have a ton of time to plan."

"don't go planning dates while you should be playing baseball."

"bye serena."

"goodbye, fernando." she grinned, giving him another kiss on the cheek before waving goodbye.

fernando watched serena disappear through the glass windows of the airport and out into the darkness.

the image still fresh in his mind... of her lips on his.

 of her lips on his

♔ ♔ ♔ ♔ ♔

WELL DAMN FINALLY