paper rings

❝ 𝑷𝑨𝑷𝑬𝑹 𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 ❞

i hate accidents except when we went from friends to this

∞ ∞ ∞

serena was sat down the first base line this time. this way, when fernando ran out to right field she'd be able to see him even clearer.

she had a feathery feeling about tonight. everything felt so light. it was comforting, though.

the top of the first started, with the padres batting first. fernando was hitting second. him and serena made eye contact when he got on deck.

grisham - who was in the leadoff spot - grounded out on the first pitch, which brought fernando up pretty quickly.

the built man stepped into the batter's box, bending his knees as he took his batting stance.

pitch 1: hot strike.

pitch 2: really hot swinging strike.

'please don't strike out,' serena thought to herself. she didn't think she could stand hearing poor fernando get booed again.

pitch 3 came, and it was absolutely zapped out the left center field.

"get out..." serena whispered to herself, as it dropped perfectly right over the wall.

all the padres fans rose to their feet, erruptung into hoots and shouts for fernando. haeley and serena were hugging each other like children.

fernando jogged down the first base line, lifting his arms and pointing to the sky. as he rounded first, he nodded to serena.

he then cupped both of his hands into two c's, stacking them on top of each other to make an S.

fernando held up her initial as he rounded the bases, making her outrageously blush.

he stutter-stepped around third, putting his hands down as he met juan at home plate. they did their signature handshake, then joined the rest of the lively team in the dugout.

this was his time.