cornelia street

❝ 𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑵𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑨 𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑬𝑬𝑻 ❞

the kind of heartbreak time could never mend

⌦ .。.:*♡ ❝ 𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑵𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑨 𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑬𝑬𝑻 ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

new york wasn't an entire mistake.

after serena spent her final days with little russell, she sporadically obtained an idea of where she wanted to go from there.

following her terrible experience with the mets, she honestly wanted to steer clear of professional athletes and million dollar organizations. the people who ran them had too much authority, and tended to abuse it.

the girl wanted to start her own business, and was hoping to do something that would contain working with children. she'd always been great with kids, and knew she would be helpful because she could relate to them more than anyone knew. people help the people, and the kids with tough and inhumane childhoods had to stick together.

unfortunately, serena was unsure of how'd she'd reach her goal. opening up a practice took a lot of time, money, and effort. she had not nearly enough experience on business owning... let alone family or financial support to start one.

she knew she had to figure it out soon though, because as the seconds past her bank account was slowly depleting. seeing the money fall was more painful than she thought, and the idea kept reoccurring to her that she'd most likely run out of money in a few months. california was expensive.

eventually, serena bit the bullet. the girl contacted a couple of realtors and researched suburban family areas, along with a few downtown. although she'd prefer coronado island or point loma, she wasn't opposed to returning downtown. there was plenty of office space, with most of the nicer areas being near the ballpark.

besides, serena lived there once before, and her estranged relationship with an entire baseball front office wasn't going to prevent her from doing it again.

she put in an offer for one in seaport village near the harbor, and although she felt scared and diffident, she also felt independent and grown up.

after her submission, she found herself in la jolla, biting her fingernails and anxiously cracking her knuckles. the girl was having a troublesome time keeping her anxiety at bay. obviously no one ever told her how stressful property investing got.

therefore, she figured it would be a good idea to sit down and eat. the stress and waiting was making her hungry.

the brockton villa had a nice view of the ocean. hopefully this could ease her mind.

but, low and behold, just as the kind hostess was seating her... a rich pair of deep golden brown eyes swallowed her whole.

they looked at her expectantly, almost silently asking her to come his way or send him more than just a slight smile.