blank space

❝ 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 ❞

i got a blank space baby

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

serena lense never imagined the night that it would all begin again she'd be dressed in a white oversized hoodie, an in-n-out burger hat, carrying 150 double-doubles, 60 fries, and prancing around with tyler lawrence france in a golf cart he stole from aj preller.

when ty picked her up this morning insisting she go to lunch with him, she didn't expect her day to endure any of this. the girl probably should've known better since he was decked out in his full uniform with a golf cart that mysteriously made its way across the coronado bridge.

she was genuinely surprised no one pulled them over. serena didn't strictly remember the rules of the road, but she was pretty sure you couldn't drive a golf cart on a freeway, let alone a 200 foot tall bridge that extended at least 2 miles without a barrier any taller than an average sized elementary school child.

after her terrifying adventure, serena somehow ended up back at petco park with ty, and a ticket to the padres family section.

"i guess this is where we say our goodbyes," ty smiled sadly, enveloping his best friend into a hug. him and serena shared the type of friendship where they couldn't talk for months and straight up act like they didn't live in two seperate far-away states.

"well, it's already the top of the first, two outs, i bet they're looking for you." serena raised her eyebrows. the fact ty wasn't anywhere near his dugout or the field made her extremely anxious and worried for him. scott servais would probably be pissed.

"and their golf cart..." he snarked, eyeing the groundskeepers' stolen golf cart.

"and their gold cart..." serena repeated breathlessly, shaking her head as she looked down and grinned.

"well, i'm pretty sure there's someone out there in right field looking for you," the mariner told, nodding toward the home-plate entrance in the tunnel. "go get 'em tiger!" he comically hyped, as serena slowly backed up.

she disappeared through the employees only door without turning her back, playfully saluting ty until he was out of eyeshot and the sun seeped into her back.

the girl was spat out into an enormous crowd of people. the ballpark buzzed on a regular wednesday night midsummer, with children laughing and fans smiling as the top of the first ended and the mariner's defense took the field.

she could see out of the corner of her eye an unmissable outfielder warily searching the stands down the first base lines.

he was most likely in search of a mocha brunette that no one knew it was possible for him to be friends with again, and without her visible presence he was beginning to think that maybe it was impractical for them to truly rekindle.

serena darted down into the family section, showing an astonished employee who recognized her fernando's VIP pass for the first-base family section.

the girl smoothed her curtain bangs over her eyes, hoping it would be enough for nosy media members or jealous employees to not get the word back to aj or peter. she couldn't risk a run in with them right now, especially since she was still unsure of where she stood with them.

although most of the wives and girlfriends sat down the third base line, serena's seat was positioned on the first. she was right behind the dugout, with a slim view of fernando in right field when he played defense. she was however, sitting at the perfect angle for when righties batted.

serena couldn't see fernando right now, but kimmy was getting ready to lead off, which should put fernando on deck.

she was incredibly anxious from where she sat. she couldn't stop nervously twiddling her thumbs or impulsively toying with her rings.

everyone she knew and loved was right in front of her, yet none of them were to ever know.

they couldn't know, solely because they'd probably riot if they found out she was here to see fernando. they'd probably also riot upon discovering that serena had been walking these streets for nearly a month and literally went unnoticed by all of them but fernando.

the brunette leant back in her seat, releasing a steady sigh as ha-seong was called into the batter's box... and up from the dugout came him.

.·:*¨༺ ❝ 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 ❞ ༻¨*:·.

the boy bowed his head, releasing a shy exhale as he made his way on deck... just barely turning his head enough for his breath to hitch once he saw her.

everything he needed to know was in the eyes. it was all in her eyes. her gorgeous, deep blue eyes.

the way the setting sun reflected off of those blue orbs stirred and steadied him all at once. it was a comforting arousal - like when you know something good is about to happen, but you don't know what it is.

their stares refused to unlock as kimmy took a walk to first base. no matter how hard the loud crowd and blaring stadium lights tried, fernando couldn't look away from serena. and serena couldn't look away from him.

"serena..." he whispered underneath his breath. he knew she couldn't hear him, but the letters just slipped out.

she was grinning cheerfully, electrified by the familiar ambience and nostalgic to see him. whatever she felt with him, she just couldn't feel with anyone else.

tears nearly glossed her eyes once he finally looked away, and once he finally looked away the world went quiet. the crowd stopped cheering, and for a moment it was just serena watching fernando.

it was just him in the batters box, waiting for the opposing pitcher to deliver a pitch. and behind him, was no one else but serena - only serena.

✧༺♥༻∞

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝