⌖ what will become of me?

❝ 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑵𝑬𝑾 ❞

how could a person know everything at 18?but nothing at 22

but nothing at 22...?

⌖ ⌖ ⌖

serena's silver heel nervously stepped into the perimeter of the dinner-party. luckily for her, everyone was still politely dining. that would make it a lot easier for her to find fernando.

according to her invitation, she was supposed to be sat at table 7. her and fernando were placed next to each other, along with arica, joe, and matt.

she wandered further onto the grass, eyes searching the space for her boyfriend. she thought out of anyone, he'd be the most recognizable here. but she looked and looked, to no avail.

the girl did, however, find the back of arica's auburn hair. she was still sitting at their table with joe.

without hesitation, serena warily approached the couple. fernando was nowhere to be seen around it, which was strange. but he was probably just mingling around with juan and manny, right?

"hey!" serena greeted, catching joe's attention. he flashed her a smile, raising his hand to wave.

"you're here!" arica exclaimed. serena couldn't help but noticed the confused looks that the pair exchanged.

"have you guys seen fernando?" she asked, anxiously twirling her golden hair.

joe's eyes widened at this question. arica's entire face dropped.

serena expectantly blinked, awaiting an answer. finally, joe stood up and watchfully looked around.

"he was just here a minute ago, i think he already took off though." joe told with a frown.

"oh, okay. do you think he went home?" serena investigated. she needed to see him, and she needed to see him now.

"probably, but you should stay! i think sarah really wanted to show you something!" arica lied, needing to keep serena at the party at all costs.

"oh," the blond nodded, turning around to locate sarah and her giant ass husband through the crowd.

arica looked at joe with glass eyes. she couldn't believe what was happening right now. according to fernando, serena was gone. all of the players thought she quit.

"thanks guys, i'll see you all later, okay?" serena graciously grinned, the clicking of her heels becoming more inaudible as she became more distant.

"i couldn't tell her," joe choked, hand resting on his forehead as he looked down. his fingers brushed up against his champagne glass as his girlfriend's breathing pattern became more and more unsteady.

"she's gonna find out," arica worriedly swallowed.

everyone knew serena. everyone loved serena. everyone wanted nothing but happiness and joy for serena.

arica didn't want to be the one to have to take that away by telling her the truth. and it seemed joe couldn't either.

fernando did leave the party.

with another girl.

notifications.

9+ messages from juan 💯🤌🏼
j-cro: Who's Adrienne ??
@mets started following you.

❝ 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑵𝑬𝑾 ❞

time to hit the HIGH WAY, serena.
bring your shame to this REVIVAL.