message in a bottle

❝ 𝑴𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑨𝑮𝑬 𝑰𝑵 𝑨 𝑩𝑶𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 ❞

i could be the one that you dream of

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

serena's eyes lit up as the sun rays hit her eyes. the socal breeze whooshed a shot of cold air lightly across her face, causing her to smile a little.

she loved being on the field more than anything. serena didn't get to come down here a lot, except for when she had to pick something up from peter or aj.

"good morninggg!" a croaky voice exclaimed.

"oh my god you're here?" serena grimaced, as a dazed juan soto walked up beside her, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"unfortunately..." he trailed, bending over and clenching his stomach, "man i feel so sick."

"you guys should've thought before you got blackout drunk before a day game," she said sternly. serena was extremely disappointed in all of them, but she was secretly also very disappointed in herself because she let it get so out of hand.

"yeah i know. i think i had fun though," juan reasoned.

serena snickered.

"where's trent?"

"he got discharged this morning. the doctors said he basically threw up everything in his system from the last 24 hours and that was the extremity of it. he's fine, just a little queasy," she explained, "megan is pissed though."

"oui, meggy is intimidating."

"i think she's more mad at her husband and blake than she is at everyone else."

"phew."

"serena?" called another voice, presumably bob melvin's. no one ever said her name quite as firmly as him.

"yes?" she asked, flipping around.

"peter and erik want to talk to you." bob instructed solemnly. the events of last night had seemingly reached him due to his state of dismay.

"alright."

"buena suerte..." juan whispered, giving her a pat on the back as the girl walked back into the dugout and disappeared down into the lockerroom.

juan frowned. a bad feeling in his stomach was starting to brew. peter nor erik had talked to any of the players about what happened last night yet... but knowing that serena was technically a "higher-up" at the club there was a lot on the line for her.