⌖ go with grace

𝑴𝒀 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑺 𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑶𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑻

"can you explain to me slowly what happened?" erik asked. him and peter were sat in aj's office trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"i already told you guys ten times! tom cosgrove is gonna sue us!" he shouted back.

"andrew james preller, are you on crack!?" peter boomed. everyone sat up straighter hearing the jolly man bellow. "what tom doesn't know won't take a toll. what did you do to serena!"

"she's mad about hiring wade!" aj exclaimed.

erik rolled his eyes, rubbing his temples afterward. he was the first to jump on the idea that it was an extreme overstep. besides, after his first time talking with him he wanted to shoot himself. no one was that rainbow, butterflies, glitter, happy.

"is it too late to fire him?" erik muttered.

"no one is getting fired — and no one is quitting!" peter reasoned firmly.

he understood where serena was coming from. peter personally didn't see the need for a second psychologist, but they had the money for it. at the time he thought it was going to be a favor for serena, but he saw where it could also be a burden and disturbance.

wade kendall seemed harmless. he only wanted to help people, and by serena's moods lately it was looking like he was doing nothing but overstepping.

then again, peter was the one who gave aj the green light on hiring this dude.

however, peter could not excuse serena's behavior towards this situation. from his understanding she'd notified aj on some of her opinions on wade kendall in the past. unfortunately, aj went about these complaints in the wrong way and did nothing.

this obviously set her off. hence the barging into the office and screaming at aj for a solid 15 minutes that also included cursing, crying, and kicking aj's collectors tommy pham swag-chain bobblehead into the window. there was absolutely no reason for half of all that though.

"i have dinner plans with my wife in less than half an hour, so i'm not going to deal with this right now." peter sighed.

"that's it?" aj said, confused.

"no! you're still in trouble. go home." he ordered. peter then politely said goodbye to erik and aj, then left.

aj stood up from his chair, looking at erik intently.

"you're not getting out of this," erik raised his eyebrows, proceeding to leave the office behind peter.