epiphany

❝ 𝑬𝑷𝑰𝑷𝑯𝑨𝑵𝒀 ❞

just one single glimpse of relief to make some sense of what you've seen

make some sense of what you've seen.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❝ 𝑬𝑷𝑰𝑷𝑯𝑨𝑵𝒀 ❞ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

SHERBROOKE, CANADA [QUÉBEC]
🇨🇦/🇫🇷
FRIDAY, MAY 23RD. 5:59AM
LA MAISON LENSE

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"s-serena?" michèle lense gasped, utterly astonished to see her long-gone daughter.

she was sitting outside on the front porch steps, knees tucked closely into her torso with her elbows propped up onto her thighs and chin in her hands. if it weren't for her heightened stature and dark hair, she could've been twelve again.

next to her was a large cardboard box, and once mrs. lense looked closer, she realized whose it was.

serena's blue irises struck her mother's world when she gazed up at her. the girl's beautiful eyes stung like a winter storm.

the entire lense family had identical eyes, but the middle child always had a way with hers. in what michèle lense would describe as 'manipulation', serena had a way to make hers more... brilliant.

for such a beautiful day in sherbrooke, seeing her absent daughter was the last thing she was expecting.

"work starts at nine, mom. you're gonna be late." the girl mumbled, gazing down at her analog watch.

the stunned mother furrowed her eyebrows, heart racing. she was unsure of what to make of serena's lack of emotion. she seemed nonchalant, but also somewhat empty.

serena was a full-grown adult now, but when she looked at her daughter all she saw was an angry kid, the same pouty child that left because she couldn't withhold her hardships.

"you still remember what time i leave for work?" mrs. lense queried speechlessly.

"clear as day." serena returned despondently, her frigid orbs dropping to the kept grass on the front lawn.

michèle lense shook her head at her daughter's vagueness. although startled in the moment, she couldn't say she wasn't surprised that her daughter suddenly turned up. it was bound to happen one of these days.

all that hate that grew in her bones toward them would run empty somehow, and evidently it was already starting to ware.

mrs. lense squatted down, moving her hand to take hold of the box beside serena. furiously, the daughter swatted her mother's hand away. nobody had the rights to that box.