♔ i always get the last word

❝ 𝑩𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑵 𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑮𝑬 ❞

𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈?

"oh my god, you're still here." serena jumped, coming down the stairs.

"i think i have every right to be," fernando returned, crossing his arms.

"no. you need to go. i have work today and-" she stopped, "oh my god. aj is gonna kill me if he finds out where i was last night!"

she rushed into the kitchen and began preparing a cup of coffee.

"you can't tell aj where i was last night! please! please don't tell him!" she begged.

"you need to tell me about macK first."

"fernando, aj is going to fire me if you don't leave without another word!"

"fuck preller. this is about you. if you tell me what the hell is going on you won't hear a peep out of me about last night."

"you're not supposed to be in my house!"

"macK has been here before," he shrugged.

serena exhaled, throwing her head back in defeat.

"fine," she frowned, "what do you want to know that you don't already know?"

"somebody told me about you and macK. and then i saw what he put on instagram last night. pretty fucked up."

"yeah, i know. we were never even a couple anyways. it's not that big of a deal."

"you don't try and get black out drunk with creepy men over things that aren't that big of a deal."

serena was once again defeated at her own game. finally, her eyes flickered down at her hand. macK's generational family ring was still on it.

"see this?" she asked, taking it off and setting it down on the table, "it's a family heirloom. it was given to me by the gore's. everyone was rooting for us. everyone was so sure we were going to make it and become a couple and get married and..." serena trailed.

"and it never happened." she finished, "i visited him in florida during spring training. it was this big thing. cj and i coordinated everything to surprise him, but he could give two shits about it. i spent three days practically talking to a brick wall. he told me on my last night he just lost feelings for me."

"s, i'm so sorry..."

"i didn't know it worked like that. i didn't know they can just go away. after that he told me to leave. so i did. i cried the whole way home, all alone. and here i am now. hung over, broken, and late for work with fernando tatis jr in my kitchen."

"maybe it's for the better."

she looked down.

"you know what, serena? personally, i thought macK was always a little bitch anyways. you can do better. know your worth."

serena breathed deeply. fernando saw her swallow as she moved back through the kitchen and towards the stairs.

"s?" he asked, following her towards the stairs, "i won't tell aj about last night. and i'll tell him we got coffee together this morning and i kept you late which is why you're running behind."

"thanks, i'm sorry i put you through all that."

"you were here for me, serena. it's the least i can do."

she offered him a smile, beginning up the staircase. fernando took her hand though.

"it's going to be alright. okay?" he assured.

serena nodded, tears welling in her eyes once more as she continued to smile. the comfort in his voice made her heart feel warm and chest loosen.

"cya, fernando."

"later, serena."

♔ ♔ ♔

♔ ♔ ♔

srry this was boring af