FAST FORWARD (Blake's Version)

❝ 𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑻 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑶𝑾? ❞

and did you think i didn't see you?there were flashing lights

there were flashing lights.

.·:*¨ ❝ 𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑻 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑶𝑾? ❞ ¨*:·.

"i cant believe you, serena." blake stated in disbelief, shaking his head slowly. "you've been here and you haven't told me? i mean, have you even told anyone for that matter?"

"a couple of people do know, blake. not willingly, but they do." the brunette reasoned mindfully. she knew the pitcher had every right to be mad, shocked, and angry.

"you don't do that to people you love, serena." he toned lowly, narrowing his eyes down. his mood shifted to more steadfast and serious.

serena gulped back a deep breath, lifting her eyebrows slightly. she'd been keeping up with baseball lately. she knew what blake was going through right now. although the pitcher had the right to be mad, shocked, and angry... it wasn't really like him to be.

blake was always super flowy and understanding. serena knew that.

"i know, and i'm sorry." the girl apologized, placing her hand on his shoulder as she straightened up her posture. "it's been a hell of a year, blake. i heard about everything, and even though you're mad at me i'm here. i'm here. i'm standing right in front of you, apologizing, swallowing my pride... and mending what we were. you know how much you mean to me, blake. i shouldn't have pulled the rug out from under everyone like that... but it seems you've been lights-out since my disappearance."

the pitcher leant back against the wall, lowering his eyes with his bowed head. she was right. it had been a hell of a year. the going never stopped for either of them. just as they thought there was a pause or moment to breathe... they had to keep running toward the next obstacle.

"why didn't you tell us, serena?" he whispered lowly, voice cracking mid-sentence.

"i did, blake. don't you remember my last day? the day i came to the dugout and said goodbye?" serena ached.

"no, s. why didn't you tell me about aj? why didn't you tell us about the fight and the fact that you were shoved out by some guy who got booted a month later?" blake gulped, referring to wade kendall. he kept his head low as he held back tears in his ocean eyes. he couldn't be seen crying. there was no crying in baseball.

"you knew...?" the canadian girl breathed, irises expanded. she was hoping all that would stay under the wraps so it didn't put the organization or team into a bad light.

"we found out, serena."

"i loved you guys too much to put that on blast. it happened. but, if i stayed quiet it was like it never happened. i didn't want to think of our ending that way."

the padre looked up, finally showcasing his glass eyes. when their gazes locked, it further let her sentence sink in about the end of serena's story with san diego. it made him re-remember his upcoming end.

" i know what you're thinking about right now, blake, and i want you to know that all things do end. but right now, i think san diego is where you're meant to be. everything you've done around here comes back to this, and it won't go unnoticed. the world works in mysterious ways... but i know that if you get shipped off it's not gonna be wrong. the only way you'll go is if you're meant to do more than what you've already done now. believe it, blake. just believe."

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

·:*¨      ¨*:·

°:. *₊ ° . ° .•