death by a thousand cuts

DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS [DBATC]

"chandeliers still flickering here cause' i cant pretend it's okay when it's not

"chandeliers still flickering here cause' i cant pretend it's okay when it's not."

𖡡 FL

𖡡 FL

"Thanks for agreeing to this!" Serena exclaimed, a bright smile on her face as she engulfed CJ into a huge hug.

CJ told Serena he'd help her surprise MacKenzie in Florida. After Fernando left, Spring Training started, and everyone began to prepare for the WBC, it gave her some downtime to go to Nationals Spring Training. Even despite how rocky their relationship had been these past few months, she still felt the right thing was to come see MacK.

From Serena's point of view, she either salvages this thing and they stay friends – lovers, even... or they never talk again.

As much as she'd be able to enjoy saying she would be able to move on from MacK if they never spoke again, she simply couldn't. Which is why she was here trying to make it better.

Since the Nationals didn't play until tomorrow morning, it left Serena and CJ with some downtime to catch up.

CJ seemed to be adjusting well, as on the car ride from the airport to their next spot, he knew every great restaurant and social center in Florida. She always knew how much he loved Arizona, but it was good to know Florida wasn't so bad either.

"Have you found a place in Washington yet?" Serena asked, after they'd talked about CJ's opinions on the pitch clock.

"No. Worst case scenario I beg MacK to take me in for a week or two. It's not that I don't have the money, but there are some bad areas down there to say the least. Factor in how many good areas you get with ugly apartments or the good areas that are off the market before you can even call the realtor and make an offer." CJ explained.

"Jeez, never knew the Washington market was so competitive." the girl joked in the passenger's seat.

"Me either. Might have to bite down and overpay or live in a hotel." the boy laughed, as they pulled onto a busy street and the car slowed down. They'd been driving for a little while, since CJ insisted on going to a nice resturant near the beach.