seven

❝ 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ❞

i hit my peak at seven feet

SD ⇉ TX

📍EL PASO, TX

walking back into a baseball field was nostalgic

walking back into a baseball field was nostalgic. especially this one, considering it was the last one he touched before his suspension.

fernando couldn't sleep the entire flight. not only had he kissed his sports psychologist, but he was also so nervous about his return he felt like he was going to throw up.

everyone was waiting for this. everyone was anxious for his return. hell, even mlb network was streaming the game for free just for him.

he didn't usually get skittish before games, but this one was obviously the exception. fernando didn't want to even think about how nauseous he'd feel before his return to petco park and the real games for the padres.

while he threw on his jersey, he felt his phone blowing up in his hoodie pocket. refusing to check it, he powered it all the way off without even peeking at who was texting him.

fernando assumed it was either his parents, teammates, or maybe even serena.

taking a deep breath, he pulled his bats and batting gloves out of his backpack.

this was it. it started here.

the walk up the stairs and into the dugout was nostalgic. the feeling of the sun rays hitting his face as he stepped out of the tunnel felt so right. a hot rush of wind hit him from where he stood, sending chills down his spine.

fernando wasn't the only one in the dugout right now. in fact, there was an entire baseball club in there staring at him. but he couldn't even notice this with the separate world he was living in.