question...?

𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵...?

i swear that it was something cause i don't remember who i was before you

cause i don't remember
who i was before you

♠️🃏🏴

xander did something.

xander did something that resulted in him knowing something.

he did some snooping into blake's little pea-brain. not that the guy wasn't a great secret-keeper, but once part of the secret was open he simply couldn't conceal the rest.

according to blake, fernando did (of course) cheat on serena, but the catalyst of this entire situation was the san diego padres front office themselves.

if aj hadn't threatened her job, and wade kendall never showed up, none of this horrid debacle would've happened. fernando would've been happy, serena would've still had her job, and their team wouldn't be an awfully underwhelming below .500 team and in fourth place without their sports psychologist.

wade kendall was still an overbearing goody-two shoe. he was nice. harmless, like everyone else described him as. but his attitude belonged in an elementary school counciler's office, not the padres psychology department.

for all this, xander could be nothing more than utterly pissed at fernando. because from how he saw it, if fernando would've just stood by her? serena would still be here. she would've gotten her job back. it would've all fallen into place, like how it all usually does for good people. but they alienated her. he alienated her.

"fernando," xan stated, catching the young boy's attention. he was roughly rummaging through his locker.

he turned his head slowly, lifting his eyebrows at the shortstop to signal he was listening.

"what was all that about earlier?" he questioned, referring to his post-game pissiness in the dugout a couple minutes ago.

it was a rather rhetorical question, but the older player wanted to at least give the boy a chance to express his feelings. every inch of him hoped he would at least be feeling sorrow and regret.

fernando refused to use his words, shooting xander the meanest glare he could muster up.

"you don't want to say anything before i tell you exactly what i think about you — and how you created this entire mess?" x snapped. suddenly his demeanor was less calm.

"she cheated on me with macK. what else is there to it?" the outfielder argued.

"you're delusional." he disagreed, taking a seat on the couch in front of fernando's locker. he was back to being tranquil. "that kid has nothing to do with this. you're lying to yourself. you fucked up. you're so self absorbed and stuck in your own endless strip of tunnel vision that you keep putting this off. you're blaming everyone else because you can't accept that you did this all yourself," xander voiced solemnly.