my tears richochet

𝑴𝒀 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑺 𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑶𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑻

"no ben. i don't want to talk to you." tom cosgrove stated firmly, narrowing his eyes down at the new psychologist.

"that's okay. these feelings are very normal. and by the way my name is dr. kendall. or wade, you can call me wade too!" he cheerfully smiled back.

"okay... ben." the rookie slowly spat. "why're you even here, man?"

"to help you!"

tom spread his body out across the couch. he had an appointment with serena, but for whatever reason this dude showed up instead.

"so you're from staten island?" wade kendall asked, looking down at his report.

"yes," he venomously returned. "you're buggin' if you think i'm gonna talk to you."

"what's the best pizza in staten island?"

"i don't know, what's the best window in this office to crawl out of?"

"i understand you're angry. that's okay. but please never ever make comments about potentially harming yourself or someone else. that is never okay."

tommy's eyes blankly blinked a couple times. what the fuck was this guy on? he was considering asking, because it seemed good.

his eyes suddenly jumped toward the moving door handle, to which someone opened.

he recognized the stature as serena. thank the lord.

"tom?" she questioned, looking at him with a confused expression as she took in the sight of wade kendall.

"hello dr lense!" dr kendall greeted.

"hi..." she trailed.

"i promise you this wasn't done willingly," tom muttered.

"how'd you two get in here?" serena lifted an eyebrow.

"well i saw him waiting for you and i thought i could help you out," her new coworker explained.

"dr kendall, this is my appointment with tom. you're gonna have to leave," she stiffly ordered, opening the door further to gesture it was time to go.

"sorry," he apologized, leaving the room dejectedly. serena shut the door behind him, turning back to tom with a crazed look.

"thank god you showed up," he sighed.

"pollyanna here is starting to really get on my nerves," serena mumbled, dropping her woven bag on her desk.

"he's on mine too," tom agreed, taking his hat off and placing it over his face as he leaned back on the couch.

"he's—" serena stopped, realizing this was her colleague. "he's ugh." she saved, sitting down in her chair. it felt weird after wade kendall sat on it.