mr perfectly fine

❝ 𝐌𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❞

it takes everything in me just to get up each daybut it's wonderful to see that you're okay

but it's wonderful to see that you're okay.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"hey kimmy!" fernando shouted, with a strange smile that had been absent for a while.

the korean second baseman lifted his eyebrows, before happily giving fernando a wave. someone obviously woke up on the right side of the bed this morning...

fernando went to his locker and picked up his bat and glove, then found his way outside to the rest of the team.

it was a beautiful day in late july. you could say after the all star break the young star was feeling refreshed. despite being snubbed for the actual all star game this year, he must admit the rest was nice and well-deserved. he got to enjoy the beach, weather, and sit back to watch the festivities from home for once.

the vacation was a perfect distraction from everything going on in his life. his parents were upset with him again, marlena was gone, and that blue-eyed devil was still on his mind.

he didn't know why he couldn't just forget about her. serena was the cynosure of his mind. she was as unforgettable as glistening ice, and reminded him of crisp winter mornings.

it's supposed you can say that those things he described were some of his favorite things. they made him feel so nostalgic and free. it was like being breathless, but in a light, airy, peaceful way.

even though his mind was thoroughly rotted with frigid blue thoughts, the padres were starting to pick it up. pre-all star break they swept the angels & lit up ohtani.

fernando disliked seeing a guy like shohei get stomped on, but if the padres were gonna make a playoff run and keep blake snell, they needed to start being bullies.

he was praying their hot streak wouldn't fizzle out like every other back-to-back win has. the team had been so unmotivated since april. more specifically, since serena left. everything fell back to serena. everything. even he.

"hey you," joe greeted, nodding to fernando as he ascended from the outfield. he pitched a gem friday night.

"hey," fernando returned, mimicking his batting stance as his eyes shifted over to xander in the cage.

"well rested?" the pitcher asked, leaning against a backboard.

"yeah," he shrugged.

"you don't sound too sure." joe pressed playfully. he then nudged him, hoping it could signal he was here if he needed anything.

fernando didn't inquire about his indifference unfortunately.

"hey, fernando, i'm here," he assured, "i don't know if i can stand by some of your decisions, but i can stand with you while you bare the consequences."

"thanks," the boy nodded. he disliked the thought of being some charity case, but was glad some of the team was coming around to him.

this was probably because marlena left.

❝ 𝐌𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❞