the lakes

❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 ❞

what should be over burrowed under my skin

⌖ ⌖ ⌖

"it was so awful," fernando frowned, throwing his head back into the dugout wall as yu darvish sat next to him. he was one of the quietest guys on the team, but it also made him the best listener.

"do they not like her?" yu questioned. how could anyone not like serena?

"they did, they just didn't like her for me," he explained. "they didn't know she was my psychologist before last night."

"sounds like a you problem," he furrowed his eyebrows, taking a sip out of his bottle of orange juice.

today was the final off day before his return to petco park. usually, he would be with the team at breakfast right now. but father wisdom AKA yu darvish resided at petco park every off day to meditate or secretly play mario kart on the jumbotron.

"you aren't gonna break up with her though, right?"

"hell no," fernando returned without hesitation. "but i'm gonna need to tell her that they didn't like her though, right? i mean, she's practically psychic. she's gonna find out their opinion sooner or later."

yu nodded. "tell her." he instructed.

the man threw his head back into the dugout wall again, lightly bonking it as he gazed up at the sky.

"if you don't, it's just gonna eat away at you."

"but if i do it's gonna eat away at her."

yu looked at fernando. he looked a little rankled.

"this is so hard, man." fernando expressed, nervously cracking his knuckles. as he looked down at his fingers the thought of macK entered his mind. he recalled serena telling him how much his family loved her. he remembered the generational ring they gifted her. that was simply how pure her aura was.

"do you really think serena is gonna leave you if you tell her your parents don't like her?" yu asked.

"no."

"that's the worst thing that can happen, nando."

"i'm scared that if my parents get too controlling she will."

"your parents are gonna get controlling whether you tell her or not. she deserves a fair warning." he encouraged.

fernando exhaled. "fine."