❆ the aftermath

❝ 𝑩𝑰𝑮𝑮𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑬 𝑺𝑲𝒀 ❞

salt streams out my eyes & into my ears

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

fernando appeared perplexed as he entered his bedroom to find marlena stuffing suitcases filled with her clothes.

"mar, where're you going?" he asked with mitigated confusion. his heart began to race vigorously at the sight.

fernando's voice only made her actions speed up, inclining her to pack even faster.

"marlena, stop it. i'm so sorry. please, i should've never taken advantage of your trust... i've made a terrible mistake." he pleaded. he knew this was about their disagreement regarding serena the other night.

"you did. thank you for saying so," she accepted, calmly acknowledging his apology but still continuing to shove more articles of clothing in her bag.

"mar, you are pure and perfect. i will make this up to you, i promise!" fernando begged, grabbing hold of her arm as he spun her sideways to face him directly.

"fernando, i have to go." she returned sternly, stepping around him to continue gathering her belongings.

"no you don't. serena is gonna be gone in two days and everything will be back to normal-" he begged.

"of course you think this is about serena." marlena cut in, stopping dead as she gazed coldly into his eyes, "everything comes back to serena with you. you're still connected to her, i see it in you both," she sniffled, swallowing hardly. "i can feel it when i'm in the room."

"i swear i'll never mention her name again. please, marlena." fernando beseeched with a choke.

"you can't. she's apart of you, fernando. and it's time for you to get that part back." marlena declined delicately.

"don't leave." he croaked. "everyone leaves."

"she hasn't."