❆ aching

❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬 ❞

this is the last time i'm asking you this

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"cj was right, i needed a hellhound." serena remarked, as her kitty finnegan looked at her humorlessly. he must've found the comment unfunny from his position on the countertop.

"your boyfriend let me in," marlena returned quietly, tucking her hands nervously into her lap.

serena put her leg up on her chair, tangling her lower body into a more comfortable position. marlena didn't expect her to be acting this nonchalant and informal. the last time they saw each other serena seemed like a successful, put-together young woman with her life figured oout

"how'd you find my apartment?" she questioned. not even yainee knew where she lived. no one, on the padres, for that matter knew.

"i..." marlena began, "googled you?"

the other girl side-eyed finn, seemingly unamused by all this funny business.

"i'm just gonna get to the point, serena." the stranger sighed, "you need to go home. they miss you. and no matter how much fernando doesnt want to admit it, he misses you too."

"who even are you?" serena scoffed, completely straight-faced.

it was imminent that she was still bizarrely unaware that marlena and fernando are together... well, were together.

"i don't recall you being around for my relationship with fernando, but our ending was all i needed to know about him. we got toxic so fast, and besides, i have a boyfriend who i love!" she continued.

"serena, i broke up with fernando not even 48 hours ago. i guess you never knew we were together. but i broke up with him because he still loves you. maybe i wasn't there for you and fernando, but i was there to feel the crushing aftermath." marlena expressed.

"i can't help it that he can't get over me and ruined your relationship as a result, mar. he's just a man. that's what he does." serena sighed, dialing it back a notch. "i'm not getting back with him. i hope that's not why you're here."

"you don't have to get back with him, serena. but you need to realize you still love him too. maybe you don't love him like that, but you still love him, and you still love that team. and that team needs you more than ever. he needs you more than ever. please."

the girl paused for a moment as her breath hitched. this all seemed to be coming from nowhere.

"i cant tell if you genuinely care about me or if you're just a fan," she snarked lightly, trying to make a joke as she thought deeply about the other girl's reasoning.

it took a lot to find your ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend that he cheated on and face her because he's still in love with her. serena had to give marlena that, at least.

mar frowned. she was trying her best to not lose patience with serena. she could see how all this could be taken as a silly joke, but it wasn't a silly joke to marlena.

"i'm in new york for a reason, marlena." serena began, "this team, here — y'know, the mets? they need me. they need me too, more than ever. i made a decision. i moved across country and never looked back. i cut a lot of people i love off for this position, and frankly, when people purposely disappear... they usually don't want to be found."

"so you're just gonna give up?"

"give up on what? fernando? look, i don't know what the deal was with him bringing a chick that wasn't me or you to dinner on the diamond - but i couldn't even get a word in with him about my mets situation before he had her wrapped around his hip. he gave up on me first, and that's all i need to know."

"you guys are stubborn as hell."

"i've learned to swallow my pride for no one."

⋆ˊˎ-•̩̩͙- *̩̩̥͙ ❝ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬 ❞ *̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆

F. THIS. CHAPTER.
BOI...