Murderer 14 Li Feifan

It wasn't long before the police cars arrived in front of University C's psychology departmental building, Gongsun and the rest of the team hurries out of the car. The police line is quickly set up around the body and the campus security is breaking up the crowd of students. The crime scene has been contained in an orderly fashion, but the entire university is still in an uproar.
A perfect student like Li Feifan falls to his death from the rooftop in broad daylight would certainly make the university at least partially responsible. Furthermore, the police classifying the case as murder has unsettled the entire university.
The university officials have ordered a one-day suspension of classes to corporate with police work.
The members of S.C.I. has divided themselves in a group to get to work. Wang Chao is taking samples with some techs on the rooftop; Zhang Long and Xu Qing are interviewing Li Fei-fan's classmate; Ma Han is making a trip to Li Fei-fan's dorm room; Gongsun and Zhao Hu are doing the onsite autopsy and eyewitness interviews.
Bai Yutang pulls Zhan Zhao aside into the S.C.I. fieldwork van; two of them sits down facing each other.
"What do you want?" Zhan Zhao looks at Bai Yutang who is wearing a serious expression opposite him.
"Feeling better?"
"I'm fine." Zhan Zhao mumbles, turning his face away.
"So, what's your relationship with Li Feifan?" Bai Yutang asks jokingly.
"What are you trying to say?" Zhan Zhao jumps up immediately.
"Can you not get ruffled so easily?" Bai Yutang pulls Zhan Zhao down back to his seat quickly, "What I meant was how much do you know about him? Anything about him of note? Have he said anything special to you?"
Zhan Zhao frowns in concentration and recalls, "Nothing particularly noteworthy. All I know is that he is a really good student. He would come to every single one of my lectures and he asks me questions quite frequently."
"What kind of questions?"
"Just academic stuff, nothing special."
"Then do you know when this photo was taken?" Bai Yutang asks, holding up the photo.
Zhan Zhao shakes his head in distress, "I can't recall at all."
"1, 3, 5. These numbers?"
Zhan Zhao sighs, "I don't know"
Bai Yutang sighs as well, "I mean cat, this guy jumps off the building holding his phone which has your photo. It sure looks like he killed himself for love."
Zhan Zhao widens his eyes, "White mouse! Now is not the time for jokes."
Bai Yutang rubs Zhan Zhao's brows with his fingers, "I just want you to relax a bit. Don't be so tense."
Zhan Zhao rolls his eyes at him after hearing this and leans back against the seat, "I really haven't got a single clue this time. But I think... he was trying to tell me something."
didididi...
Bai Yutang's phone suddenly rings. He picks up, it's Ma Han.
"Cap, we found some stuff at Li Fei-fan's dorm. You gotta have to come to see this."
"What did you find?" Bai Yutang can tell that Ma Han sounded anxious.
"...I can't explain exactly over the phone. Just come over and take a look. Oh yeah, ask Dr Zhan to come too."
Hanging up, the two of rushes over immediately.
Li Feifan lived in the postgrad residential building on the east campus. Because of his good grade, the school awarded him with the more luxurious studio apartment. The building is new, nicely decorated and well equipped with various facilities. Li Feifan lives on the third floor, first unit on the east wing, room 301.
Stepping into his room, the first thing one would notice is that it is extremely clean. Although there are already several officers collecting pieces of evidence in the room, the polished window, spotless floor, neatly arranged bookshelves make it seem more like a hotel room rather than a young single male student's dorm room.
Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao walks into the bedroom and sees that Ma Han is squatting by the bed. There are a dozen thick photo albums laying on the bed.
Noticing the two's entrance, Ma Han stands up. In his hand, there's a fancifully coloured paper box.
"Take a look at these first." He hands a couple of the photo albums to Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao.
The two of them open it warily and are immediately dumbfounded. The photo album is filled with photos of Zhan Zhao, every single one of them labelled with the date. There are photos for almost every single day. Over a dozen albums, over thousands of photos, some of them go all the way back to a year ago.
Bai Yutang closes the album after flipping through a few pages, he scolds, "Fuck. Psycho."
It is also pretty alarming for Zhan Zhao, "He... he was stalking me?"
"For a year!" Bai Yutang pats Zhan Zhao on his shoulder, resigned, "Cat, you really are something. Someone has been stalking you for a year and you didn't notice at all."
Zhan Zhao glares at him. Ma Han at the side grins, "It's not that unusual. All of these photos are taken from extremely far away, normal people would never have noticed."
"Oh? How do you know this?" Bai Yutang asks in interest.
Ma Han scratches his head, "When I was with the Flying Tiger Troops, I had training in this area. Look at these photos, the foreground in some of the photos are a blur, this means that they are shot using a high zoom camera." He pulls out a few photos to shows Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao, "He is at least a hundred meter away. But what I found strange is that this guy used the placement for sniping."
"Sniping placement?"
"Because the distance is so far, normally if a person wants to take photos, they wouldn't change the angle of a shoot much, they would just take whatever that is in the view. However, if one were to snipe, he would need to move around to find the best position for sniping." He points at his head, "here" and at his heart, "here."
Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang give a closer look at the photos and are astounded to realise, indeed on every photo, there is at least one suitable shot placement.
Bai Yutang asks Ma Han, unsettled, "He was professionally trained?"
Ma Han nods, "He didn't take these photos for sniping purposes, but once you have grown into a habit, it's hard to get rid of. I am sure he is not an amateur!"
"Good work!" Bai Yutang slaps Ma Han's shoulder in appreciation, "This is a good lead. You are the expert, do follow up on this."
"Yes!" Ma Han answers almost shyly. He opens the box he was holding and hands it over, "And these!"
Zhan and Bai lean in to get a closer look and realise they are also photos of Zhan Zhao. However, Zhan Zhao is no longer in the centre of the photo, because the focus of the camera is on a black Honda.
"This car?" Zhan Zhao looks at Bai Yutang.
Bai Yutang nods, "Yep, it's that car." He looks at those photos again thoughtfully, "Cat, I think he was trying to tell you something. He was trying to tell you, you are in danger."
...!
Zhan Zhao accepts the photos, the car on the photos is circled out in red. It is obvious that the car has come into Li Fei-fan's attention when he was stalking Zhan Zhao.
Bai Yutang places the photos back into the box, "Get Jiang Ping to do analysis on the photos when you get back, see if anything useful turns up."
"No wonder he was staring at you so anxiously." Bai Yutang shrugs, "I think he was afraid that you are in danger."
"Why do you think he went to the rooftop alone?" Zhan Zhao turns around suddenly to gaze at Bai Yutang.
...
Bai Yutang falls silent.
Zhan Zhao smiles bitterly, "He died for me."