Murderer 18 chaos

When Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang finally reached the airport, it is already one in the morning. The whole arrival hall is completely empty, the two of them walks a few rounds around the hall but couldn't find Bai Jintang at all.
"Where is he?" Bai Yutang looks around.
"Maybe he left already?" Zhan Zhao asked.
"Unlikely. He always waits for me to arrive."
"Were you ever late for 12 hours?"
"... That has not happened yet..." Bai Yutang scratches his head, "The longest record was 8 hours."
"Then where would he go?" Zhan Zhao checks his watch, "I don't recall him having property here."
Bai Yutang shrugs, "He only comes back to the country once or twice a year. He usually stays in my apartment."
"Then maybe he went to your apartment?"
"That is worse, he has no sense of direction whatsoever."
"Call him?"
"He doesn't carry a cellphone... Usually, his men carry it..."
"His men? I have never seen him having people with him?"
"He doesn't bring his men when he's back in the country."
Zhan Zhao says tiredly, "Then let's just call the police..."
"I think... I am the police..."
...
Just as the two are out of ideas on what to do, Bai Yutang's cellphone makes a 'Meow' sound - a message?
Bai Yutang fetches his phone out, Zhan Zhao leans in for a look as well. The message is from Wang Chao, it says: " On fire..."
Bai Yutang looks up at Zhan Zhao, "What does it mean?"
Zhan Zhao is confused as well, he shakes his head.
'Meow~' Another message.
This time it's from Jiang Ping: ".. return soon!!"
The two of them exchanges a look... It feels ominous...

On the 17th level of the police bureau, inside the medical examiner office.
The polished scalpel lands with a flash of silver light, cutting bones, veins, muscles, fats into cubes.
Picking up the bloody cube-shaped parts and dropping them into a thick white solution.
Lighting up the Alcohol Burner, setting up the heating vessel and pouring in yellow flammable liquid.
Retrieving the sticky body parts and placing them in the boiling liquid. With a sizzling noise, smoke rises.
Moments later, scooping out the now golden body parts and stir-frying them in a red viscous fluid... Adding some spring onion. Finally placing the end product in a beaker.

Gongsun is holding an autopsy report, leaning against the dissection table and eating a piece of sweet & sour spare ribs using a pair of tweezers.
Everyone who has been standing by the door runs to the washroom with their hands covering their mouth.
Bai Jintang alone continues to stand by the door well-mannered, Gongsun looks up at him and taps the beaker with his tweezers, "Do you want some?"
Taking a deep breath, Bai Jintang says coolly in a dark expression, "I don't like sweet stuff."
"I can also make mapo tofu (A spicy tofu dish),  you want some?"

...Bai Jintang shakes his head calmly...
"Eww" Those who are just returning from the washroom hears this sentence...and turns back to the washroom.

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao rush back.
'Meow' Another message.
"Cat, help me read it!" Bai Yutang's hands are tied up with driving, he gestures Zhan Zhao to grab his phone from his pocket.
This one is from Zhang Long, "Help!"
'Meow~' One more?
Ma Han's: "-O-Help!"
Zhan Zhao is confused, "What are they trying to say?"
Bai Yutang sighs, "I think I should speed up."

After finally stopped the urge to throw up, everyone leaves the washroom and spots Bai Jintang sitting on his huge suitcase, deep in thoughts.
Zhao Hu says earnestly, "Bro, go wait inside. I will help you with your luggage."
Bai Jintang stands up and Zhao Hu reaches out for the biggest suitcase.
He tries with one hand but doesn't succeed in lifting it...He tries again with two hands, but still fails!
"It's alright, I will do it. You can help with the small one." Bai Jintang lifts the largest suitcase with one hand easily.
...
"Meow"
From Zhao Hu: "Why??"
"What do you think is going on?" Zhan Zhao reads these messages curiously.
Bai Yutang steps on the gas pedal, "Hold on, cat!"
...
Dumbfounded, Zhao Hu picks up a smaller suitcase. It's a rectangular black case with a few small openings on it. Suddenly, the case moves.
??
What's inside? Zhao Hu is intrigued. He looks down at it carefully...There is a latch, he opens it...
'Bam', something furry dashes out of the case.
"Ahhhhhh"
Everyone is greeted by the sight of a raccoon-looking creature in the midst of Zhao Hu's screams.
"Quick! Catch it!" Bai Jintang runs out immediately.
Bai Jintang is indeed Bai Yutang's older brother, or perhaps he is just used to being in charge. With one simple command, everyone besides Gongsun reaches for the 'raccoon'.
The S.C.I. corridor turns into chaos instantly.
At this precise moment, with a soft 'ding' the lift door opens and reveals a dark-skinned, imposing-looking middle-aged man.
Bao Zheng takes in the scene outside: Zhao Hu and Zhang Long are on the floor, Wang Chao and Ma Han are up against the wall and Jiang Ping is holding a broom.
Bao Zheng presses for the close button of the lift calmly after ten seconds of silence.
...
"Meow"
Zhan Zhao grabs onto the roof handle with one hand and reads the message with the other hand, "Guess who this message is from?"
The screen shows clearly, 'From Bao Zheng'.
Bai Yutang arches his eyebrow, "Maybe let's not read that?"
Zhan Zhao rolls his eyes at him and opens the message, "Get back here now!"

Bai Yutang parks his car and the two of them rushes into the building.
The lift opens at level 17 and just as they were about to step out, something fluffy pounces onto them.
Zhan Zhao catches it by instinct. The creature tucks itself against Zhan Zhao comfortably and lets out a pleased "meow".
Zhan Zhao looks at Bai Yutang, "More message?"
Bai Yutang points at the creature in his arms, "I think that was it."
Zhan Zhao looks down to see a kitten that bears a striking resemblance to a raccoon in his arms – "a Ragdoll?"
"Meow" The kitten seems to be very fond of Zhan Zhao. It nuzzles Zhan Zhao's neck affectionately and licks his chin.
"Hey!" Bai Yutang picks up the kitten by its neck.
"Mreoow~" The kitten kicks its legs angrily in the air and tries to scratch him.
"Cap! Don't let it go!" Zhao Hu yells from outside the lift.
Bai Yutang looks up and sees the mess in the S.C.I. office. His team is in chaos. He roars, "What's with the cat?"
Just as he was about to walk out of the lift with the cat in hand, he hears a charismatic voice says, "The cat's name is Luban; he's a Burmese Ragdoll. He is a gift for Xiao Zhan."
Bai Yutang stops dead in his track immediately.
Just from the voice he already knows how furious is Bai Jintang, this tone...He has taken an 11-hour long flight, waited for 12 hours in the airport, it must have been chaos just now in S.C.I.... It means his older brother hasn't rested for 24 hours. The lack of sleep will make him extra irritable.
"Cat, catch!" Bai Yutang retreats into the lift quickly and throws the kitten back at Zhan Zhao. He shuts the lift door with only one thought on his mind, "Run!"
Only, as the lift door begins to close, a pair of hands reach in to prevent the door from closing.
Zhan Zhao backs up into a corner with the kitten in his grasp while Bai Yutang presses the close button ferociously, but...
The pair of hands has already forced the lift door open, Bai Jintang sticks his head in, a sinister smile on his face, "Yutang...Long time no sees."
"Ge... Calm down..." Bai Yutang backs up to Zhan Zhao, "Cat, say something!"
Zhan Zhao runs off to the other corner with the kitten and says to the livid Bai Jintang, pointing at Bai Yutang, "This has nothing to do with me! He is over there."
"Stupid cat...No loyalty!" Bai Yutang sees Bai Jintang walking into the lift smiling and feels like he might have seen this scene in one of those horror movies...
"Xiao Zhao, you can leave." Bai Jintang traps Bai Yutang in the corner of the lift and clears away for Zhan Zhao.
Zhan Zhao runs out the lift with the kitten in his arms and says, "Ge! I will close the door for you!" He presses the close button.
"Cat! Don't leave! AHHHHH" The lift door closes and the whole bureau hears the loud screams from Bai Yutang.

Everyone in S.C.I. freezes in shock, Gongsun finishes his last piece of spare ribs at the door of the autopsy room.
Zhan Zhao rubs the kitten. The screams from the lift continue to sound, he feels slightly guilty about it... "Mouse, rest in peace."

Bao Zheng frowns in the Commissioner office, shakes his head in resignation and opens the desk drawer.
Inside the empty drawer, there is only an old photo frame.
Bao Zheng lights a cigarette and gazes at the photo.
The smoke unfurls. The four young men in the photo, are smiling so brightly...