Murderer 20 Third person

Both of them are equally startled.
Zhan Zhao widens his eyes in shock.
They grew up side by side with each other. So, even though Zhan Zhao dislikes close contact with others, he is comfortable with Bai Yutang's touch. It's just -this is unlike any usual jokes or pranks. Bai Yutang seems dead serious this time. Zhan Zhao panics for no reason suddenly, but the man in front of him doesn't allow room for his escape at all.
Bai Yutang is also shocked by his own action.
The moment he realised Zhan Zhao almost got kidnapped, his usually high-speed brain functions come to a complete halt. Once he was sure that Zhan Zhao was safe, he was so overwhelmed by anger and his body moved before his mind could stop himself -even after his higher brain function kicks back in, he couldn't stop himself anymore.
Actually, Bai Yutang has known since a long time ago that he seems to have a desire to be close to Zhan Zhao. Their closeness comforts him. Sometimes he even feels that he is abnormal, these thoughts, growing slowly but surely inside him. Their overly intimate relationship causes Bai Yutang to avoid those feelings on purpose, ignoring them all these times. But those feelings get clearer and stronger with time.
One can never be truly prepared for certain things even if you thought you were fully mentally prepared.
They hear footsteps closing in, Zhan Zhao pushed Bai Yutang away forcefully.
Backing up, Bai Yutang sees Zhan Zhao leaning against the wall, staring at him in disbelief with widened eyes. He is blushing... Adorable.
"Cap!" The rest of the team sprints into the alley. They have just realised that Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang have gone missing and went on a search in panic. When they charge into the alley, they see that Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang are standing against opposing walls, and glaring at each other... Are they fighting again?
Feeling the bizarre atmosphere between the two of them, the rest of the team are hesitant to go near them.
Bai Yutang suddenly starts to laugh. Zhan Zhao in front of him starts to get redder and redder in the face. He turned and walked away, but after two steps he stopped, tilting his head as if thinking about something. He then twirls back around sharply. Bai Yutang studies his actions curiously, eyes glimmers with hope.
Zhan Zhao walks up to him, stopped and took a deep breath... And punched Bai Yutang on the nose.
"Ouch... Stupid cat... Ouch" Bai Yutang backs away covering his nose. That was really painful.
Zhan Zhao seems to have released some of his anger, he says aggressively, "White mouse, make fun of me again and I will kill you!" And marches off quickly. He was gone so quickly that no one sees the fluster and confusion on his face.
Bai Yutang gazes after Zhan Zhao's hasty retreating figure and shakes his head with a wry smile – Cat, I'm not making fun of you, I adore you.
He rubs his bruising nose and feels rather fortunate that cat is such a nerd if not, that punch would probably have broken his nose.
"Cap. Are...are you alright?" Zhao Hu asks daringly.
Bai Yutang casts him a glance with an arched eyebrow and smiles coolly, "Alright? How can I be alright, why would I be alright? Let me punch you on the nose and see if you are alright. Alright? Why wouldn't I be alright? That cat's punch is soft like a bun, so why wouldn't I be alright? Who said I'm not fine? And why do you care about whether I am alright or not alright or you are not alright but I'm alright or maybe there's something not right with you..." Bai Yutang breathes in deeply and snaps at his frozen team – "Let's go!" and walks off.
Zhao Hu, who is rooted to the ground turns around to ask the rest, "So is he alright or not alright?"
"..." Everyone gapes at Bai Yutang's departing figure and shakes their head slowly.
Wang Chao remarks, "When did captain learn psychology from Dr Zhan?"
"..." Everyone continues to gape after Bai Yutang's furthering figure and shakes their head. They reflect collectively, "Captain is a very unfathomable person..."

Bai Yutang scrolls back to the scene and sees that Zhan Zhao is sitting in the passenger seat of his silver Spyker C8, deep in thoughts. That silly cat.
"Xiao Bai!"
Turning around, he sees Lu Fang with Lu Zhen in his arms standing behind him.
"Thank you very much for just now!" Lu Fang says gratefully.
"I should be the one thanking him!" Bai Yutang pats Lu Zhen on the head, "This kid is going place when he grows up."
Lu Zhen retrieves two packs of children's milk from his bag and hands them to Bai Yutang, "For you, and the good-looking uncle."
Bai Yutang accepts the packaged milk with a grin and pinches Lu Zhen's chubby cheek. He says bye to Lu Fang and walks towards his car.
Seating down in his car, Bai Yutang hands the milk to Zhan Zhao who still has not come out of the daze.
"Kid's milk?" Zhan Zhao looks at Bai Yutang in amazement.
"From Lu Zhen."
"Oh... That kid is something."
"Yes! He is going to do great things when he grows up."
"..."
"Cat."
"What?"
Bai Yutang starts his car, "From now on, don't leave my side, not a single step, until we catch those psychos."
Zhan Zhao starts to drink the milk and smiles, "Those? Not that?"
"Sneaky cat." Bai Yutang steps on the gas pedal, "Do you hear, from now on, not a single step."
....
"Okay." Zhan Zhao continues to drink his milk, it's pretty good, "I want the other pack as well." He reaches out to grab it.
"Hey! Cat, no stealing! One each."
"Stingy."
"Greedy cat."
....

By the time they got back to S.C.I. office, it is already noon. When Bai Yutang steps into his office, he sees Bai Jintang sitting on the sofa blankly. His eyes staring straight ahead, disorientation plain on his face.
Bai Yutang tracks his way back carefully and exits his office, while Bai Jintang stands up and walks out expressionlessly.
At the sight of this, Zhan Zhao bolts into his own office while yelling at the rest standing rooted to the ground, "Run! Don't go near him!"
Knowing what the older Bai is capable of, everyone scatters immediately. But Bai Jintang just continues to head to the entrance expressionlessly.
"Cap? What...what is going on?" Zhao Hu asks weakly while hiding behind Bai Yutang.
"He...is grumpy when he just wakes up. Especially when he didn't have enough sleep, he is capable of doing anything."
Just as Bai Jintang is reaching the entrance, Gongsun steps in with a file, "You guys are back? How did the mission go?"
....
No one answers him, Gongsun looks up at Bai Jintang in front of him and asks in confusion, "What's up with you..."
Before he could finish his sentence, Bai Jintang reaches out to trap Gongsun in an embrace, nuzzling his head against his shoulder. He then raises his head to kiss Gongsun hard on his cheek.
After which, Bai Jintang rubs his eyes sleepily and greets, "Morning."
Everyone in S.C.I. gasps, Gongsun's usually pale face has gone completely dark, he drops his file and reaches into his pocket for something.
Ma Han asks Bai Yutang shakily, "Cap, Is Gongsun...Is he gonna...stab your brother with his scalpel?"
As if answering Ma Han's question, Gongsun retrieves a gleaming scalpel from his pocket...
"Separate them!" Bai Yutang commands, realising that the situation has gone out of hand. Everyone jumps up, Ma Han and Zhang Long grabs hold of Gongsun and pulls him out of the office.
"Calm down, Gongsun."
"I'm gonna kill him!" Gongsun struggles while waving his scalpel, "Let go of me! I'm gonna kill him! With three thousand stabs! Not a single stab less!!!"
S.C.I. ... is still in chaos...
Zhan Zhao keeps his distance, he strokes Luban in his arm and mumbles, "Don't go over there. It's too dangerous!"

Half an hour later, in the level 2 police cafeteria.
Bai Jintang touches the tear on his collar. The scalpel thrown by Gongsun slashed his collar, missing his neck artery by less than one centimetre, "Your job is pretty dangerous..." Bai Jintang comments, still feeling the lingering fright.
"Why did you have to go annoy Gongsun?" Bai Yutang pours him a cup of tea to calm his nerves.
Bai Jintang takes a sip and asks, "Why is that Gongsun so aggressive?"
....
Zhan Zhao gives Bai Yutang a look who nods in response, "Big brother, I have some things I want to ask you."
Bai Jintang looks at him, then looks over at Zhan Zhao, "What?"
"Erm... Does dad have any pals that he is particularly close to?"
"Pals?" Bai Jintang is confused, "I moved out ages ago, how would I know about any pals?"
"Twenty years ago." Zhan Zhao adds.
"..." Bai Jintang looks at the two of them, startled, "Erm...Yes."
"Big brother?" Seeing the strange expression on Bai Jintang's face, Bai Yutang feels something is off, "Is there something wrong?"
Taking another sip of his tea, Bai Jintang says lightly, "I can't really remember. I think you guys should ask commissioner Bao instead."
Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang exchange a surprised look at Bai Jintang's reaction.
"You can't remember? Then do you know about Black and White? Were there anyone else other than commissioner Bao and our old man?" Bai Yutang presses on.
Bai Jintang sighs with a bitter smile, "All I know is that there was this guy, Zhao, he shot me here." He points at his own head, "By the time I woke up again, it was one year later. And memories, before I was thirteen, were mostly gone."
Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao are dumbfounded. Now they seem to recall, when they were young, Bai Jintang did disappear for a whole year.
"Bro..big brother ..." Bai Yutang is at a loss of words, "You...I didn't know...."
Bai Jintang grins, "It doesn't matter, I don't remember it anyway. Oh, by the way, I brought a bottle of 1976 Alsace for Commissioner Bao. You guys can use that to bribe him, it should work wonders...."

But what Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao didn't expect when they went to see Bao Zheng with the wine awkwardly is that Bao Zheng cut them off before they could even utter a word, "Save it. I know what you two want to ask. Follow me, there's someone you should see."